Hannigan Parking Brake Photos

Duh! I feel foolish.. ;)

i glanced at at the pics of it mounted and thought you cut a big gash up the side. - It Is the black cable that I saw. LOL!

LOL-- Yup just a black cable ThumbUp

Though about painting the cable the same color as the body,
I do have some left over paint from colorite I think it would stick.
Wait till I get the lever chromed this winter :pepper:

If you have the running boards Hannigan mounts
them to the rear of them on the right side down low.
I believe they run the cable through the vent on that side.

Chrome Done !!

Well it's all done. look at the above post then these pics. what do you think?

20150316_150944.jpg20150316_150957.jpg20150316_151015.jpg20150316_151104.jpg
20150316_153118.jpg 20150316_154617.jpg temp mount

I am also blending the cable in with a lighter color as well this week.
I will show the final install soon.

Jeff

Minimum charge for chrome these days is $85 bucks.

I would have gladly paid the extra for a chrome handle

when I purchased the kit from Hannigan at the time *hint*

They did do all three parts though and the top of the bolts

witch I had no clue they were going to do that, I just said heck

with it and did it LOL .

This weekend I am going to Use Plastic Dip spray PEARLIZER

and make the black cable close to the color of the tike.

I just never seem to stop do I ? :cool:

What can I do next? maybe I can ride in a couple weeks :pepper:

Just received mine ( brake kit ) about 10 minutes ago. Not a frigging idea on how to install it and it came with absolutely zero instructions or photos. This should be interesting....lol

A 70 year old klutz rolling around under the trike trying to do a puzzle. :laugh: What could possibly go wrong?

In Canada ( specifically Ontario ) you do not need to have a parking brake on "your" trike if it was built and registered without one. The problem arrises if you try to sell or trade it. In order to pass a mandatory safely check it must have a working parking brake seperate from the existing and primary brake system. The " holdability" of the brake is subject to testing. Dealers don't want trikes if they have no parking brake and any potential customer who wants the bike safetied for vehicle registration purposes is going to insist on it. Trike is useless to them otherwise.

I checked with the Ministry of Transport Ontario office and no, there is no such thing as "grandfathered because built before legislation was passed". Apparently Newfoundland was the last province to require a parking brake but it is now coast to coast.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png