Wife needs prayers.....

03VolusiaTrike

Dec 27, 2013
Chicago, Illinois
My wife and best friend, for over 25 years, has been diagnosed with the onset of macular degeneration. That has led us to other tests only to find out she may have signs of lupus developing(scary news). We are only in our 40's and I hope, pray and need to have her around a lot of years. It really puts things in perspective. We need your prayers. Thanks

Russ and Vickie

My wife and best friend, for over 25 years, has been diagnosed with the onset of macular degeneration. That has led us to other tests only to find out she may have signs of lupus developing(scary news). We are only in our 40's and I hope, pray and need to have her around a lot of years. It really puts things in perspective. We need your prayers. Thanks

Russ and Vickie

Please know that you and your wife Vickie will be in my prayers and thoughts !
Jagjeep

Sending prayers that your wife gets the help she needs. Have you considered visiting Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN?

I had my first expose to their facility this past March when I was diagnosed with Lung cancer and spent 15 days in the hospital there. It was awesome how their teams of doctors assigned to my specific case worked together to develop the right strategy to treat my condition effectively.

Wishing you all the best in finding the help you need for your wife.

my deepest sympathy for the news of your wife. after my wife was diagnosed with cancer my heart fell out of my body and i thought of nothing but bad things. we had a lot of support from friends and family, which helps but you have to get your head on straight if you are going to get thru this. there is tremendous progress being made in medicines these days and i want you to keep believing that your wife will be OK. the next and most important thing is to go to a big medical center that has the latest medical equipment and doctors not your local center where you live, even if you have to do a lot of traveling. try to keep yourself and your wife in good spirits and pray your heart out, it will help. tell your wife that you BOTH are going to do this together and you are Both going to beat this thing as you have to much to live for to give up and then do everything you can for her as she will need your help like never before. keep praying to God and asking for his help and he will give you tremendous strength as you will need it. you have my prayers, Dan

Thank you everyone for the prayers and support. It helps knowing we're not alone in the fight. My wife is the strongest person I have ever met and this will not break her spirit. We are very glad to hear that so many people have had great success at beating the odds. Once again thank you and keep praying. I will keep updates coming. God bless you and your families. Ride safe and enjoy every mile. :AllGood:

Our thanks to everyone for the prayers. No new updates right now. The people on this site have been awesome with info and help. Glad to be part of the trike talk world. Ride safe my friends.

Time for an update...
We received some good news over the last 2 weeks. The doctors have ruled out lupus, what a relief. They also did a couple Mri's looking for signs of MS, all negative. So we still don't have definitive answers, but 2 huge concerns have been ruled out. Thanks again for all the thoughts and prayers I will keep the updates coming. Ride safe everyone and keep the faith. :D

Russ and Vickie

Russ and Vickie

we will keep both of you in our prayers. My wife lost her brother to cancer last month.

we will keep both of you in our prayers. My wife lost her brother to cancer last month.

Thank you everyone for the thoughts and prayers. Our hopes are high for a bright outcome. Rich, sorry to hear about your brother-in-law. Hope your wife is coping with the loss ok. Your family is in our prayers also. Ride safe and keep positive. ThumbUp

Time for an update......
*After a year of testing and scary misdiagnosing problems we have good news. We finally found a doctor who cared. Went through a couple, 4 or 5, mri's and found a ruptured disc at c5-c6. It was crushing her nerves and causing most of her problems. My wife underwent surgery to replace the disc and fuse the vertebrae. *After surgery she is a new person, no signs of any permanent nerve damage. Thank you all for the encouragement and prayers. I think we're on the road to a great summer of ridin!!!! God is good and so are fellow trikers. Ride safe and enjoy every mile!!!
:GL1800::AllGood::clapping:
Thank you everyone
Russ and Vickie*

Time for an update......
*After a year of testing and scary misdiagnosing problems we have good news. We finally found a doctor who cared. Went through a couple, 4 or 5, mri's and found a ruptured disc at c5-c6. It was crushing her nerves and causing most of her problems. My wife underwent surgery to replace the disc and fuse the vertebrae. *After surgery she is a new person, no signs of any permanent nerve damage. Thank you all for the encouragement and prayers. I think we're on the road to a great summer of ridin!!!! God is good and so are fellow trikers. Ride safe and enjoy every mile!!!
:GL1800::AllGood::clapping:
Thank you everyone
Russ and Vickie*
THAT IS GREAT NEWS! Hoping the riding goes well. RIDE SAFE

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png