Triking 2012 XCT

Sunman

900+ Posts
Apr 6, 2011
Bellville, Texas, USA
I am planning on triking my 2012 XCT. Really like the CSC look but the Roadsmith uses automotive parts that will be available at an auto parts store. Looking at the CSC website it appears that the CSC kit uses two belts via a reduction gearbox of some kind? I do not care for the Motor Trike trunk set up. Also, I had a Motor Trike Adventure kit on a GL1800 and no matter how it was adjusted the trunk would leak in a heavy rain.

I plan on doing the installation myself. Has anyone here done their own installation on a XCT? Any pointers? How about installing a rake kit? I did the rake kit on my GL1800 and it was a job but not too terrible.

Appreciate any comments.

Sunman

Last edited:
The CSC can only be installed by a factory dealer. Liability issue and also covers you for warranty should repair be needed. I have. CSC and love it. The trunk is the largest of the other kits. Mine has never leaked and was on the road for 35 days,, plus I live in Fl where we get lots of rain.

Hi Sunman,

Just throwing our two cents in here... The Roadsmith trike kit for the Victory Cross Country Tour uses a single belt system with automotive parts that are commercially available. Although our Victory kits are only as old as the bikes themselves, the belt-drive chassis, differential and many of the other components have been in service for millions of miles on Harley-Davidsons and Indians. We have very simple, yet highly effective, drive and suspension systems that use the fewest number of pivot and contact points (areas that tend to cause problems). If you have any specific questions for us, please let us know!

I am planning on triking my 2012 XCT. Really like the CSC look but the Roadsmith uses automotive parts that will be available at an auto parts store. Looking at the CSC website it appears that the CSC kit uses two belts via a reduction gearbox of some kind? I do not care for the Motor Trike trunk set up. Also, I had a Motor Trike Adventure kit on a GL1800 and no matter how it was adjusted the trunk would leak in a heavy rain.

I plan on doing the installation myself. Has anyone here done their own installation on a XCT? Any pointers? How about installing a rake kit? I did the rake kit on my GL1800 and it was a job but not too terrible.

Appreciate any comments.

Sunman

I triked my 2012 Victory Cross Country with a Motor Trike and was not happy with the resulting performance.

It has nothing to do with the Victory motorcycle or Motor Trike which are good products. In my opinion, it's all about the performance of a triked V-Twin versus the 6 cylinder Goldwing. The Goldwing delivers significantly more power. Before you trike your Victory, I highly recommend you test ride a triked V-Twin and make sure you are satisfied with the performance.

I triked my 2012 Victory Cross Country with a Motor Trike and was not happy with the resulting performance. It has nothing to do with the Victory motorcycle or Motor Trike which are good products. In my opinion, it's all about the performance of a triked V-Twin versus the 6 cylinder Goldwing. The Goldwing delivers significantly more power. Before you trike your Victory, I highly recommend you test ride a triked V-Twin and make sure you are satisfied with the performance.

Thanks for the comment. I will ride a V-twin trike before I take the final step.

Sunman

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Sunman,

Just throwing our two cents in here... The Roadsmith trike kit for the Victory Cross Country Tour uses a single belt system with automotive parts that are commercially available. Although our Victory kits are only as old as the bikes themselves, the belt-drive chassis, differential and many of the other components have been in service for millions of miles on Harley-Davidsons and Indians. We have very simple, yet highly effective, drive and suspension systems that use the fewest number of pivot and contact points (areas that tend to cause problems). If you have any specific questions for us, please let us know!

Thanks for the feedback!

Sunman

Appreciate any comments.

Sunman

Looks like you already know the differences of the Goldwing and the XCT.

They both put good torque to the road. Don't think you'll have any regrets about triking a Victory. There's lots of torque there.

Looks like you already know the differences of the Goldwing and the XCT. They both put good torque to the road. Don't think you'll have any regrets about triking a Victory. There's lots of torque there.

Exactly what I thought. Looks good on paper, but the actual performance was disappointing. So much so, I traded my beloved Victory XC trike for a Goldwing 1800 with a Hannigan trike conversion. Night and day performance difference.

Looks like you already know the differences of the Goldwing and the XCT. They both put good torque to the road. Don't think you'll have any regrets about triking a Victory. There's lots of torque there.

I had a Goldwing Trike that was a nice ride but at the time I wasn't ready for a trike. I have an XCT so I plan on just triking it since I really like the bike. I think it will have enough power.

Sunman

I've added cams, air filter PCV,timing wheel and atom bomb pipes to my existing 2012 XCT. Really perks it up quite a bit. I just bought another cross country to trike and will be doing the same mods for power upgrades. Should be fine. I'm leaning towards Champion. Any input is greatly appreciated.

I bought the Champion kit. Few hiccups on delivery but installation was pretty straightforward. Although Chamion tech support needs to pull their head out of their ass. I figured out the few minor things that they had no clue. All in all it went well.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png