Need help finding a small trailer front jack for my motorcycle trailer

Reaction score
Need help finding a small trailer front jack for my motorcycle trailer

Ok fellow trike owners, I need a small trailer front jack for my motorcycle horse trailer I am rebuilding. For many years I carried a jack stand but it was not fun and some times the trailer fail off the stand. So this time I want a front jack.

The jacks I have found so far are stabilizer jacks or jacks for large trailers.

My trailer tongue height on level ground going from a square tube to a pipe round tube is 10" to 13".

A straight up and down tube jack I can attach to the round tube but I prefer a folding jack I can attach to the square tube.

I hope you can help.

Re: Need help finding a small trailer front jack for my motorcycle trailer

:Shrug: Just about any auto parts store should have a pinned jack where you can pull the pin and turn the jack horizontal?

Depending on the tongue weight of your trailer, I would use a good quality kick stand for a bicycle. Just take a piece of flat bar, countersink a hole in the middle to bolt the kickstand to and then use a u-bolt to mount to trailer tongue.

:confused::confused::confused:

Her is another source for small trailer stabilizer jacks: http://www.etrailer.com/dept-pg-Trailer_Jack-sf-Stabilizer_Jack.aspx
The first one on the list is the same that is used to stabilize motorcycle campers like our Bunkhouse or the Time Outs, Aspens,etc. It looks long in the picture because it is fully extended. It most likely is what you are looking for. I've seen them in both weld-on and bolt-on.

Tried Harbor Freight, Auto Zone, etc. No luck. They are all for large trailers and would add about 15 or more pounds to the tongue which is already at 26 pounds.

This might be your best bet then:

Depending on the tongue weight of your trailer, I would use a good quality kick stand for a bicycle. Just take a piece of flat bar, countersink a hole in the middle to bolt the kickstand to and then use a u-bolt to mount to trailer tongue.

:confused::confused::confused:

... I need a small trailer front jack for my "motorcycle horse" trailer ...

I'm not sure I have the right idea of what your trailer is, how big & what you do with it? When I think "motorcycle horse" I don't think of something lightweight and not towed with a trike, but your comment "the tongue which is already at 26 pounds" has me wondering.:confused::xzqxz:

Tractor supply has them and all your trailer needs.
E-trailer also has everything you can think of for trailers on line.

Not quite sure of what you got but I bought a center stand of of ebay. It was off a honda 50 I think, mounted it to the front tongue had to mess with it a little to get the spring right. It works great spring retracts and holds it against tongue.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png