Accessories you'd like to see for trikes.

phil_c

Sep 28, 2009
North Carolina
I was just wondering if there are any accessories you haven't seen for trikes yet that you'd like to see come out. I know people are always coming up with new stuff for them, and I was just wondering what ideas some of you have that you'd like to see.

Good question! Pretty much all the stuff that fits on a bike can go on a motorcycle trike conversion, with the exception of the rear end stuff. (Most saddlebags, most drive train parts, etc.) Spyders, Stallions, Carvers, VW trikes, etc. are in a different catagory, but a lot of bike stuff fits them, too.

I would like to see a trike jack sturdy enough to take a rear tire off and not risk tipping.

Last edited:
I think all trikes like cars should come with a jack in the trunk and a lug wrench. Also trunk light. And I will bet they could sneak a collapsible spare tire under there someplace

I would like to find a parking brake set up for a champion trike. It seems every time I leave it running in the morning to warm up It rolls of down the drive way, [not to far]

I would like to find a parking brake set up for a champion trike. It seems every time I leave it running in the morning to warm up It rolls of down the drive way, [not to far]

That's a good one! Let me know when you find it (Yes)

(p.s. I like this thread! I think people are going to do some thinking now, but bit by bit we are going to see some really creative ideas come out! Good question, Phil! :D

Trinity trike has found a small mechanical parking break which they are installing on the Burgman 650, it should work on anything with a disk and place to mount it, when i get mine I will post some pictures. Wayne

That would be great. We had quite a discussion about parking BRAKEs awhile back. Some one said it was required to reg a trike.

That would be great. We had quite a discussion about parking BRAKEs awhile back. Some one said it was required to reg a trike.

I think your right, in some states I believe it is already required, as I think it should be, since there is no more kickstand, and if you forget to leave it in gear it can roll away.

In the good old (wrapped up in cotton wool) UK it is compulsary to have this fitted. Either mechanical or hydraulic.
It is just another way of stinging you for more cash:eek:

Hi all
I racked my brains for months about fitting a parking brake - then one day it just hit me - took me all of 1/2 hour to make and cost absolutely nothing. It's slightly fiddly but works a treat and passes the MOT test (that's a Government annual test for roadworthiness for all vehicles in the UK)

My email address is gareth323@hotmail.com - if anybody would like a picture and details sending then let me know your addy - this fits any touring Harley Davidson with front lowers but will easily be fitted to any other Harley

Believe me it works a treat

Regards to all trikers and Merry Christmas

As already said, here in the UK it's compulsary to have parking brake fitted, my trike conversion is fitted with Audi A6 calipers and parking brake attached to them.

John.

I just ordered my CSC Trike and it is an option. I could have got a one caliper, or two caliper parking brake. The tech and salesperson both advised the one caliper brake at a minimum. No worries parking on hills, or just warming up the bike. I said fine, add it in. :) Tom

;)How bout a dual battery system with a isolator relay to keep both batteries charged? jimsjinx:)

This is a great idea. Easier to add on accessories that need power. Also can add more to a trailer set up. BMW does this to their Police bikes. But they put both batteries in the fairing. Kind of an odd place. Tom :)

There's an old industrial system called the "Micro lock" that was designed for forklifts & such that didn't have park brakes. Basically, it's a controllable check valve that goes goes between the master cylinder & brake. There's two types, one electric & one mechanical. Flip the switch or lever, pump the break pedal until it's hard & break is set. Flip back switch or lever & it releases. It works good when new, but does cause some problems after it gets a few years on it. It gets so it bleeds off & releases the brake or won't release at all without cracking a brake line. Not the best idea, but it's one solution 'till a better one comes along. Of course, there's always the MSHA/OSHA fix -- the wheel chock. It's a pain in the butt, but it works is cheap.

NM

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png