• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

Need Hannigan LED Taillight Board

Reaction score
Lost 3 of the 14 LED's in the right taillight of our '09 Yamaha RSV Hannigan trike. Anyone know the part # and source of the LED boards? Thanks!

Leo, upgrade to the 100 LED lights, they are way brighter. I can't recall the maker right now. PM CarbonOne he knows and has the 100 LED. I will be buying them when funds allow.

Leo I probably still have the stock led lights from my 09 since upgrading to the 100 led boards. If interested let me know and I'll check on them
Larry

Larry, After talking more with Jeannette, we agreed that we should go for the upgrade rather than used parts. Sorry for any trouble I caused you. Thanks!

Best laid plans of mice and men... LED card is hardwired in. Forget the upgrade. "Does Not Replace Bikes Equipped with OEM LED Tail Light." Will order a new stock card from Hannigan. :gah:

Turns out Larry's stock taillight LED cards are new, so we worked out a deal. Card arrived today, but it is way too hot to do the swap right now.

Cool LED's Also makes the same board for replacement. when I removed my Hannigan boards
I installed them into my 66 Beetle. went with more LED's on the rear of the Trike.
this is the same board that Hannigan uses
http://www.cool-leds.com/1962-67-vw-led.htm
Except, I purchased the back plates only from this vendor.
and then added the LEDS from the Trike to them.

Okay guys I too want to upgrade to the 100 light LED tail lights, however I am a little confused between this talk of plates and boards? I am thinking the plate holds the boards, right? So being the 100 light board is of a different shape than Hannigans original 14 board and plate I would need to change the plate to accommodate the new 100 light board. Right? I have four wires going to a plug under the body see attached photo, so in order to keep the same plug I'll need to splice in the four new wires.... Any clarification or help would be helpful..

Attachments

• LED Tail light and Plug 001.JPG
    LED Tail light and Plug 001.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 87
  • LED Tail light and Plug 004.JPG
    LED Tail light and Plug 004.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 87
Yep you're on the right track "the paparazzi". Just test the wires for function and do the same for the new boards before splice them in. Even thou the new boards are a different shape they still slip right into place. If I recall the new boards utilize the lens cover screws to hold them in place. This is an excellent upgrade and well worth doing I might add.
Larry

Thanks for the reply and verification Larry, I was getting several heads ups from fellow riders behind me saying that the rear lighting just did not seem to be bright enough... By the way how are you liking the new ride, I haven't seen anything on the forums? I believe it was the (Slingshot) was it not? Anyway sure hope its working for you....

Take Care

Still waiting for delivery. Word from Polaris is within 2 weeks. Looking like I'll be trailing it south in order to have any seat time this year.

That's right you guys are getting a rash of nasty weather ... Here in California we are still doing the rain dance.

The new LEDs are on order..

Ordered the LEDs 11/12 received them today 11/14 and they shipped them priority mail and at their cost! Hard to believe, however they are not cheap at $89.95 each..

Anyway as you can see from the attached photos they came with three wires and attached is a 1157 male plug setup to enable it to inserted into a stock bike socket, obviously those plugs are cut out and then spliced into the exiting trike wiring . My existing LEDs have four wires...... So I'm guessing as long as I have running, turn, and stop lights I'm good......However at the same time I'm asking my self why did Hannigan run four wires in their LEDs and do I need to run a fourth wire? and if so where do I attach it? I have set up lots of trailer wiring and some auto for that matter over the years but just not familiar with these LED's

I again would appreciate any advice and or information from those who have done this upgrade.. knock knock Larry, Cougar :cxtv::cxtv:

LED lights 001 +1.jpgLED lights 006 +2.jpg

The Hannigan led board has the built in components back off/flash and the board your showing does not
you need more parts ��

Okay but what part or parts do I need? Do you have a part number or perhaps pictures of your install? Is this the plate thing you were referring to? Maybe I ordered the wrong one? :xzqxz:

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png