Snowbird Get Together '15

Re: Snowbird Get Together 15'

Will you please post the route on triketalk so I can figure out where to catch up with you?
Copasetic,
Since you are a short distance away, maybe you can meet at the motel, I assume we will not be going till after breakfast, so it may put us at 9 or 10, before we leave. I could be wrong, but we will see.
Will this give you enough time to get to the motel from The Villages?

Rosy

Copasetic,
Since you are a short distance away, maybe you can meet at the motel, I assume we will not be going till after breakfast, so it may put us at 9 or 10, before we leave. I could be wrong, but we will see.
Will this give you enough time to get to the motel from The Villages?

Rosy

Yes it should. Thought I had read something before about your possibly leaving to ride at 8. That would be a little for me to get there, but 9 or so shouldn't be a problem. Thanks.

Keep reading to post in case my times are not what the tour leader has in mind.
I was looking to the temperatures, in the 60s in that area. I guess the cold snap has gone lower than I thought.
Do you have any idea when the weather is going to break for Florida? I know in NH, it will be cold for a while! -3 last night, with 23 the high today!
BBBRRR:gah:

Rosy

I was looking to the temperatures, in the 60s in that area. I guess the cold snap has gone lower than I thought.
Do you have any idea when the weather is going to break for Florida? I know in NH, it will be cold for a while! -3 last night, with 23 the high today!
BBBRRR:gah:

Rosy

I'm up in northern Minnesota this week so the 60's sounds pretty good right now.
Late fall and so far this winter in central FL have been spotty. Week before last was 80 degrees. Some days last week there was a windchill of 15 to 20 degrees.

G0010617.jpg

Hi, snowbirds, & who ever is coming for the gathering. I have permission to harvest all the oranges on this tree.
It has made it through the cold spell, & are juicy & sweet. You have the captain's word on it, ;) unless a real cold frost hits it with in the next week . :confused:
If you would like to try some , I will fill my saddle bags . Just chime in with a thumbs up ThumbUp
thank you captain h

Yum..yum..fresh oranges! Hurray! :clapping:
BUT, it will not be as good seeing old Friends again!
Can't wait!
Anybody need anything from New Hampshire? No tax!

Rosy

WELL, some people are 60 and act like 80, and some are 80 and act like 60! Take your pick!
LOL :clapping:

No matter how old you are, or how old you act, we are ALL Friends!

See you soon, OLD FRIEND! LOL

Rosy

Age, what age?
You are correct, no age, just Friends!
So, what are we expecting for temperatures this year...? 60s and 70s once in a while!?
At least it is +30 degrees better than NH!
Boy, if I didn't have bad luck, I would not have any...We are going to start traveling in snow, not good, but this storm coming is huge, so we can't avoid the snow..we are going to get it here in NH or further South along our route...:Santa: feel like Santa pulling his sleigh!
BUT, we will take it slow to be sure we get there in one piece! :D No clowning around! :qpnmt:

Rosy

Rosy , be careful driving down in the snow,& pulling a trailer ,is no joke.
We have been caught a number of times on 81in PA. in the snow . Two years ago we were stuck for 12 hours in a little parking area on 87 in N. Y. We were in a camper ,& had good heat & plenty of food.
Every couple of hours I would pull camper & bike trailer ahead 12 or so feet, then back it up .When the time was right I could get a running start & drive out .
Stay safe my friend, I know you will take it easy,
your neighbor from Ma., see you at the gathering . captain h

Thank you very much guys!
Not going through the hills of I-81, I have been that way in the spring, and it was not fun, even in a car.
We are going to Danbury, stay the night, on I-84, I-684 South, cross the Tappan Zee Bridge, then head South on I-287 to NJ and I-95..NJ Trnk.
I want to avoid any hills and head to the Coast as soon as possible.
I will be driving my F-150 4X4, so it should help in case we have deep snow.
Leo, what is the prediction for snow accumulation in your area for Sunday. Saturday night we should will be in Danbury.
Thanks again for you advise.

Rosy

Rosy, you may not be able to go I-684 [cars only road], 84 to 87s takes you to 287 too. bypass tap n zee bridge [big construction area there?] that way. I gone that way , 287 to 78w, then to 81s, bypassing the hills of 84/ Scranton area. Isn't the storm coming up the coast, got a chance to get around it staying off 95.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png