Passenger armrests

Reaction score
Just wondered what brand passenger armrests some of like....and dislikes ....mama whats some after going to the wing ding .....thanks.Virg49

My wife likes the Honda ones. Says she feels secure and comfortable. She must because she falls asleep about 10 miles into every trip.

If you know sombody that has arm rest on their bike you might see if your wife can sit on it to see if she likes them. Different brands might be positioned or shaped slightly different. I think they look sharp on a bike but my wife doesn't like the ones we have so off they went. She doesn't like the way they position her arms and says they are uncomfortable.

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:
I have the kuryaken passenger arm rest on are trike and the wife likes them. I did take the pin out of them so they come further in she likes that. If your wife would ever like to sit on mine just take a ride up to Decorah Iowa. then she would know before ordering them.
Gary

kuryaken
icon14.png

There seem to be 2 main mounting systems for passenger armrests. Most attach to the antenna brackets, or if you don't have a CB you can install an antenna and get that symmetrical look, or there are adapters to be had for mounting armrests. The other mounting system uses chromed plates under the grab handles to mount the armrests. Our 1500 came with the ones that connect to the antenna mounts, and our 1800 has grab handle mounted ones. Advantages or antenna mount: more prevalent, more choices and styles of mounting arms and arm pads. Disadvantages: users are cautioned not to put too much weight on them so as not to crack the trunk at the mounts. <br />
Advantages of grab handle mount: Less intricate to mount. Can take more weight due to stouter mounting and more vertical and shorter mounting arm and mounting plate. <br />
Downside: the arm has to be taken apart from the mounting plate to get to the rear grab handle mounting bolt to take off the seat. Mounting plates under the grab handles can put permanent indentations on the sides of the seat under the handles.

Longer seat screws may be needed.

I've got a set for sale right now along with a driver backrest at a great price. Look at the FOR SALE thread on this site

We have the Kury rest. Works for the Ms. so they are fine with me. RIDE SAFE

ok thanks to all who replied.............looked at the rivco and some others and liked the rivco cause the lifted up but will have to decide........thanks agn.......Virg49

The RICO's Look very nice but a little pricey as well. I had a customer of mine order some from me and he (or should I say his wife) loved them

ok thanks to all who replied.............looked at the rivco and some others and liked the rivco cause the lifted up but will have to decide........thanks agn.......Virg49

Just remember the Rivco's will only support 10# of weight, If they're used to help get on :AGGHH: not sure they will last.... I've looked at them all and I bought the Show Chrome ones that mount to the side of the seat holes. Heavy Duty but the steel plate inside is not galvanized and if it rains the foam soaks water until rusty water drips out the bottom.... so took mine apart and getting the plates galvanized and looking for some waterproof foam and not the sponge that is inside.

None of them are that well built, but these mount up well and I'll now fix the problem!! :clapping:

- - - Updated - - -

I looked at show chrome and seem sturdy but I have heat control for rear seat...don't know if they will work...also saw some with longer arm rests pad but mounted thru the truck and hit the speaker grills...not good...keep looking ...thanks for the info..........Virg49

Last edited:
- - - Updated - - -

I looked at show chrome and seem sturdy but I have heat control for rear seat...don't know if they will work...also saw some with longer arm rests pad but mounted thru the truck and hit the speaker grills...not good...keep looking ...thanks for the info..........Virg49
We have 14' with the show chrome armrests and the heated seat controls work just fine on it. Also wife like the armrests. One thing to keep in mind also is some of the arm rest out there must be moved out of the way to fully open the trunk. This is not the case with the show chrome units. They can be facing straight forward and the trunk can be opened normally.

- - - Updated - - -

They DO work. That is what I had on mine that I am selling. Mine are the combo set and the mounting bar is curved so not to interfere with the heat control. Plus, they hold more weight since they are mounted to the seat handles and not the trunk.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheeza
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png