Maggie Valley 2015

If the leaves have turned it's only because its already been cold, and would be colder when you arrive, that combined with a little cold rain can put a real dampener on the rally. It's mid July now and the weather has been great for riding in the mountains, Temps have gotten into the 90's but cooler at higher elevations, and if it rains, no big deal. Here many of the trees have shed their leaves before the rest of them change color because of the more gradual temperature change. For magnificent fall colors visit Maine where winter comes on fast and all the leaves change at the same time. Lets not get hung up on the leaf thing, I opt for warm and green. I will be there no matter the date, but given the option choose better weather for all.:cool:

Scary thing for us northern people. Shooting for late Sept early Oct could mean a real chilly ride home. Some of us ride to rally's. I have seen snow up here in October. Once you hit NJ the weather can be quite cold.

Early September would be nice but were up for a ride almost anytime. If its late Sept. or Oct. we'll just trailer it down and ride from there.

MY VOTE: Second week in September.....First Week in September is "Labor Day Packed House" and Late September through October is "Leaf Turning Season".....Bumper to Bumper Cars in most places. Early September, after Labor Day is after School starts back, and it's the "Quiet Before the Next Storm".......I ride the Area regularly.......ThumbUp

Maggie Valley is SOOO much easier for me, and for what little it's worth I agree with the early September votes. ThumbUp

If the leaves have turned it's only because its already been cold, and would be colder when you arrive, that combined with a little cold rain can put a real dampener on the rally. It's mid July now and the weather has been great for riding in the mountains, Temps have gotten into the 90's but cooler at higher elevations, and if it rains, no big deal. Here many of the trees have shed their leaves before the rest of them change color because of the more gradual temperature change. For magnificent fall colors visit Maine where winter comes on fast and all the leaves change at the same time. Lets not get hung up on the leaf thing, I opt for warm and green. I will be there no matter the date, but given the option choose better weather for all.:cool:

I aggree for warmer better weather!!!

Maggie Valley Week of June 7-13 or 14-20 , 2015 or Sept. weeks of Sept 13-19 or Sept 20-26 2015 Still warm and not rainey season and after kids are back in school and possibly lower prices. Looking fwd to Maggie Valley & Wheels Thru Time Museum & Matt & Dale and " Whats in the Barn"...:pepper:ThumbUp

Last edited:
If you want the best room rates and less crowding use first & second week after Memorial Day weekend and or the 1st & 2nd week after Labor Day. Less crowds, better pricing and less people on the roads. If you wait for fall color change you will be competing with Tour companies for Motel & Restaurant space. Higher prices ThumbUp

- - - Updated - - -

WHEN DO YOU WANT TO SCOUT -- TONTO?

Soon KimoSabbe

Scouting party??? When?? ;)

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::blush:

MY VOTE: Second week in September.....First Week in September is "Labor Day Packed House" and Late September through October is "Leaf Turning Season".....Bumper to Bumper Cars in most places. Early September, after Labor Day is after School starts back, and it's the "Quiet Before the Next Storm".......I ride the Area regularly.......ThumbUp

That sounds good :clapping::clapping:

For You Folks wanting it to be held in the Spring...... Weather is terribly unpredictable in the Smokies Area during that time.....;)

The week after Labor Day is my favorite time to travel. Family vacations are pretty much over and the roads are pretty sane. The weather is usually nice too.

For those concerned over accommodation costs, rental cabins can be very economical, if shared by several people. Just looked at one in Maggie Valley, $135 a night, three nights minimum, 3 bedrooms, 2+1/2 baths.
But must reserve early, or will be all booked up. Some on very steep roads, but very nice. Cabins usually close together, but still a great experience. Now that we have an approximate date, when is the scouting party meeting up?
:GL1800::GL1800::GL1800::GL1800::GL1800::GL1800:

May is still cold as hell around here. First or second week of sept would be warmer , but October might me snowing around here.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png