• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

New Indian Trike

Reaction score
Thre is a new Indian, two weeks old, dealer located in Waynesville NC. In speaking with the salesman he said that Indian was building their own trike based on their touring model. $10,000 cheaper than Harley trike. I know some aftermarket trike companies are making Indian conversions bue this is supposed to be straight from the Indian assembly line. Anyone know?

I've seen the new Indians and can attest to the fact that the quality control is top notch. The fit and finish is excellent. It'll be interesting to see if Polaris does come out with their version of an Indian Trike. Roadsmith and especially Hannigan already offer a trike conversion for the new Indian line up. Hannigan really pulled all stops out with their design! ThumbUp

A factory Indian trike would be great but, priced $10,000 less than a $32,500 HD Tri-Glide does not seem financially possible. Let's see what happens. In the meantime, Hannigan has a winner with their Indian trike.

It would be great to see Indian come out with their own Trike. I would certainly take one for a test drive. Even if the price was the same as a Triglide they would really have something.

They were telling you about the Slingshot, which is basically a 3 wheeled Mazda Miata and is already plagued with recall problems.

RE: Indian Trike

Does anyone here know the method for changing the back tire on the 2015 trikes. I heard that you need to remove the back end to do it. That seems extreme, I'm sure they engineered it better than that. Thanks for any info.

Does anyone here know the method for changing the back tire on the 2015 trikes. I heard that you need to remove the back end to do it. That seems extreme, I'm sure they engineered it better than that. Thanks for any info.

I can tell you from experience with my 11 T/G. Not so 'You just jack the trike up a little remove the lug nuts and off comes the wheel's/Tires..

Indian motorcycle are priced the same or higher than Harley s i seriously doubt their trike would be 10k cheaper than harley

I've seen the new Indians and can attest to the fact that the quality control is top notch. The fit and finish is excellent. It'll be interesting to see if Polaris does come out with their version of an Indian Trike. Roadsmith and especially Hannigan already offer a trike conversion for the new Indian line up. Hannigan really pulled all stops out with their design! ThumbUp

CSC is doing an Indian trike now, too. They call it the Arrow. Rear fenderskirts remove to remove/install rear wheel/tire.

Changing rear tires

Look on youtube, they show how remove the tire skirts in order to change a tire.

Changing the rear tire

I have a 2015 Indian Roadmaster with a CSC kit. To change the tire on my trike , the wheel coverings pull off for easy access to the tire. I don't about other trikes. This is one reason I picked CSC kit for my bike.

I have a 2015 Indian Roadmaster with a CSC kit. To change the tire on my trike , the wheel coverings pull off for easy access to the tire. I don't about other trikes. This is one reason I picked CSC kit for my bike.

Got any pics Randy? We all like pics! :D

Well this thread was started in 2014 and to date still no factory Indian trike. Don't you just love the rumor mill.:Shrug: I do hope Hannigan is making a reverse unit for Indian though. There's a bunch of us old farts that will be looking to trike soon. I'm already getting much closer than I want but have been holding out for the leaning version. But if Hannigan is ready now I just may opt to switch next winter. If not I'll go Landing Gear. That I know is ready for Indian.

Factory Indian trike

Well this thread was started in 2014 and to date still no factory Indian trike. Don't you just love the rumor mill.:Shrug: I do hope Hannigan is making a reverse unit for Indian though. There's a bunch of us old farts that will be looking to trike soon. I'm already getting much closer than I want but have been holding out for the leaning version. But if Hannigan is ready now I just may opt to switch next winter. If not I'll go Landing Gear. That I know is ready for Indian.
There no plans for Indian to build a trike. California Sidecar makes a great kit. I just got my 2015 Roadmaster converted to a trike with reverse. Send pictures when I figureout how to.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png