Rear Disk HT1800

I had to have mine replaced because of another issue. The brake rotors are integral to the hub so the entire hub has to be replaced. Not that hard IF you have a torque wrench that will read 250 #/ft and you can achieve 250 #/ft which is what is required. I had a local auto shop that I know do it for me.

I had to have mine replaced because of another issue. The brake rotors are integral to the hub so the entire hub has to be replaced. Not that hard IF you have a torque wrench that will read 250 #/ft and you can achieve 250 #/ft which is what is required. I had a local auto shop that I know do it for me.

Where did you get 250 ft/lbs of torque required?

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone replaced rear disk on Roadsmith HT1800? Part numbers? Complexity?

It ought to be a fairly straight forward remove the caliper then the hub which will allow the hub and rotor to be pulled off. Here are the part numbers from the owners manual, page 19.
Brakes rear:

11” disc - dual piston calipers

Brake pad part #311-698-151B (VW)

Caliper part #311-615-107 or 108 (VW)

This thread was started looking for the part number for the hub/rotor-disk. Call to Roadsmith found it is a custom part for $99 each plus shipping for a heavy part.

Will have to find a shop that has a machine to turn disk - then they can pull, and if can be turned, do so. If out-of-round (or whatever) bad enough (or surfaces are not true) and the rotor has to be replaced, must put trike back together and wait fro a rotor from Roadsmith. Extra cost in custom part (more than two times stock VW disk/hub costs) and the extra cost of labor for inspection (then re-assembly) and then the cost of labor to install new rotor (and hub).

It is "working OK" now, but quite an uncomfortable feeling.

Just talked to Roadsmith for the 3rd time this morning, and Mike does not feel it is a warmed rotor, as would feel it at all speeds. I need to check more carefully and pay attention if I feed the "wobbly" feel actually thru the brake pedal or if it is something which I feel thru the bike and/or my butt.

Any trouble shooting ideas would be appreciated.

These are the only parts listed in the owners manual.

11” disc - dual piston calipers

Brake pad part #311-698-151B (VW)

Caliper part #311-615-107 or 108 (VW)

Sorry I couldn't help more.
Good luck

Re: Rear Disk HT1800 - but really about the pad

Has anyone out there ever actually purchased Brake pad part # 311-698-151B (VW) ?

If so, might you please share as to the details?

I have checked several auto part shops and have come up empty.

Thanks.

Surprised the RS sales pitch is all or most parts available at a NAPA or auto parts stores. Seemingly this is not quite true. I also find this machine is not something most mediocre, mechanically inclined folks can work on. Not negative on the RS 'cause I ride one and I like it. Taking it to RS shop is the best option, but prepared for sticker shock.

Re: Rear Disk HT1800 - but really about the pad

Has anyone out there ever actually purchased Brake pad part # 311-698-151B (VW) ?

If so, might you please share as to the details?

I have checked several auto part shops and have come up empty.

Thanks.

I have an HT1500 conversion and replaced the pads which were sent to me by Roadsmith free of charge with EBC pads Ultimax 2 DP105-OE. They stop my trike far better than the ones originally installed. I did a write up with more info in the RS forum area.

Re: Rear Disk HT1800 - really about the pad

Thank you dirtdobber. Just checked with them and they have them in stock. 2/3 days from Cali by mail is not too bad. After having seen so many Euro websites, I must have passed over these guys due to their name. Greatly appreciate your assistance!

Please see this link for the Roadsmith HT - HTS 1800 Parts list: [h=2]Roadsmith Part Number Detail as of 4/15/2014[/h]
:Shrug:

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheeza
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png