Cruise control

DrSign

Reaction score
Hi. With about 6000 miles on my Stallion, my cruise control simply quit. Fuse fine. Brake lights not on. No indicator on instrument panel.
Any troubleshooting tips please?
Mike

Hi. With about 6000 miles on my Stallion, my cruise control simply quit. Fuse fine. Brake lights not on. No indicator on instrument panel.
Mike

Mike,
No trouble shooting tips ... but mine failed and had to have it replaced, thru TMS.

Mine quit a few years ago. Under the bike on the brake linkage, there is a tab which contacts a switch. A slight bend of the tab corrected the problem.

Mine quit a few years ago. Under the bike on the brake linkage, there is a tab which contacts a switch. A slight bend of the tab corrected the problem.

Thank you so much for the tip. I am still over a thousand miles from home. I assume the brake linkage is a rod which runs to the back of the bike. Is the switch blue and white?

I guess I will purchase a couple of ramps to get the bike up and go under it (when I get home) as if doesn't sound like something I can try to fix now. Oh only to have a pix diagram labeling all of the components!!!!

on another thought I am thinking about having a machine shop create a belly pan with quick release fasteners to completely enclose the bottom to keep road debris off.

Thanks for responding

mike

ps. How do I post photos?

Thank you so much for the tip. I am still over a thousand miles from home. I assume the brake linkage is a rod which runs to the back of the bike. Is the switch blue and white?

I guess I will purchase a couple of ramps to get the bike up and go under it (when I get home) as if doesn't sound like something I can try to fix now. Oh only to have a pix diagram labeling all of the components!!!!

on another thought I am thinking about having a machine shop create a belly pan with quick release fasteners to completely enclose the bottom to keep road debris off.

Thanks for responding

mike

If you find someone that will do this, let me know. Thx Rick

Thanks for responding

mike

Mike, here a pic of the cruise control unit. That was the first thing I checked, but unfortunately the unit had to be replaced. Good Luck.

DSC03837.JPG

That little black switch also works the brake light !! I replaced mine 4 times before I just took it apart and bent the contacts so they would move when the plunger is pushed. I think that most of our first problems were more of a quality control issue on the contacts. No more problem in the last 45k miles.

Tomg

Mine sudden quit and I had to have it replaced as well. Less than 1600 miles on the trike. TMS replaced mine at no charge because I took the trike to them.

Mike
ive had the same problem with my 2010 model.....and it turned out to be a bad secondary brake switch....

I bent the tab and now it works! However, when I hit a bump it cuts off. Did I bend it too much or should I back it off a bit please?

Thanks for responding

mike

I bent the tab and now it works! However, when I hit a bump it cuts off. Did I bend it too much or should I back it off a bit please?

About a month ago, it quit working and now the cruise control icon stays lit in the instrument cluster! Even when I press OFF the icon stays on!

what do I do now please?

Mike

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png