Speedometer Recalibration

mcdonaldroadcapt

Oct 25, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Can someone guide me through recalibration of my speedometer on a 2008 Ultra conversion? Converted to 50 series tires and speedo is off 5MPH at 60. Do I need a Dekota Digital and how is it installed on an 08 model? Thanks.

The Dakota digital MAY mess with your cruise if it wire throttle. Is the 08 throttle cable or wire? If wire as you adjust the output of the converter for a correct speed the required voltage for the cruise to work is not there. Also the 6th gear indicator will not work. Now if you are cable throttle then you are good to go the Dakota will do the trick.

For us wire people as mentioned a couple of the FI tuner kits have the ability to adjust the speedo. I would make sure first though that it does not effect the cruise.

The Dakota digital MAY mess with your cruise if it wire throttle. Is the 08 throttle cable or wire? If wire as you adjust the output of the converter for a correct speed the required voltage for the cruise to work is not there. Also the 6th gear indicator will not work. Now if you are cable throttle then you are good to go the Dakota will do the trick.

For us wire people as mentioned a couple of the FI tuner kits have the ability to adjust the speedo. I would make sure first though that it does not effect the cruise.
My 08 CVO is wire.

Just checked with Mr.Wiz and he says my TTS does have capability of adjusting speedo. May try later on.

Sorry I missed the part where you said you had a TTS all ready. I would of advised you of that from the get go. The TTS and and Mr. Wizard are a good combo. He will not point you in the wrong direction. Hire him to do a complete setup and you will be amazed. Good Luck.

Sorry I missed the part where you said you had a TTS all ready. I would of advised you of that from the get go. The TTS and and Mr. Wizard are a good combo. He will not point you in the wrong direction. Hire him to do a complete setup and you will be amazed. Good Luck.
He did some engine work for me and also set up the tune with TTS. He is the best.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png