A note to my fellow Yamaha RSV riders

Aug 13, 2009
Wayne, Mi USA
As some may know I had my trike for sale and at this time there is a buyer who'll pick it up Labor Day weekend. So it's all but sold now. I've enjoyed many miles on this 09 and the previous 05 trike as well as members here and at venturerider.org While I'm going off in another direction as to my next ride I'll still be a trike rider and intend to continue participating with the community here. So I won't be going anywhere. I'll continue offering any help or advice on these bikes that I've learned over the years of owning them too. I know I'll be missing the RSV/Hannigan combo as its a great trike but finances just weren't there to own two machines let alone storing them.
Larry

WOW!! What a shock! - I bought several Venture accessories from you. Will you still do this?

To many are leaving the Venture. Other than the Reverse on my Hannigan Trike, I am VERY happy with it. LUCKILY, I should be able to keep it.

I sure hope things get better for you soon. Keep us up to date on how things go.

craigr

Craig I'll still offer stuff for the Ventures. I really loved the trike but as I posted I can't justify two trikes in my small garage let alone the costs.
I'm sure once you get that reverse problem squared away you'll be loving your bike too. It's an awesome combo that RSV/Hannigan.
Larry

Know it was a tough decision for you Larry. But knowing you, it must be the right choice given the situation at hand.
Besides, this is far from Goodbye. Just a Preface to a new Chapter in an illustrious and exciting Story.
So Congrats and all the best.
Be watching as the pages to come are written and your new Adventures unfold ThumbUp

Thanks Veritas44 for the kind words. Yes it was a tough decision and certainly hope wife & I are making the right choice. If not I can assure you we'll be back on another Hannigan trike combo. Time will tell .
Haven't gotten anything to replace the RSV yet Jeff. On order is all for now.
Larry

OK Today the son and I went to the Detroit Dream Cruise and while surfing the street looking at all of the cool cars etc we found a Polaris Slingshot on display so we just had to check it out.
I had already put a deposit on one a couple weeks ago but not having actually seen one I was still a bit apprehensive. After checking it out I feel its going to be a winner for both the Mrs. & myself.
Larry
BTW: the Motor Trike Stallion was also a contender.

Attachments

• 100_6147 (Small).jpg
    100_6147 (Small).jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 117
  • 100_6148 (Small).jpg
    100_6148 (Small).jpg
    77 KB · Views: 106
Craig I'll still offer stuff for the Ventures. I really loved the trike but as I posted I can't justify two trikes in my small garage let alone the costs.
I'm sure once you get that reverse problem squared away you'll be loving your bike too. It's an awesome combo that RSV/Hannigan.
Larry

I'm having my RSV triked (Hannigan) over the winter. Taking it to Keene tomorrow so they will have it before the snow flys. What kind of Venture parts do you offer? Do you have anything that would allow passenger to stretch out their legs like the highway pegs the driver uses? I have seen them on a site (R something) but $400+ seems a tad pricey.

No, the new Polaris Slingshot trike is not allowed. The state of Texas said they don't know if it's a car or a motorcycle, so they won't allow it to be registered or titled in Texas. The big question seams to be the "side-by-side bucket seats" makes it a car, but the less than 4 wheels makes it a motorcycle, so they don't know what to do. The division between car/motorcycle is getting fuzzy for sure (especially with some of the new trikes out there)!

Larry, have you picked up the Slingshot yet? The dealer in Nashville sold his first over the weekend. A lady came in and paid cash and told them it is for her husband for Christmas. I wish I had a wife like that. lol Just ordered the reverse from John. Hope all is good up north with ya!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png