Suggestions for the 2015 NETT Rally

Dougv, you're more than welcome to lead a group, as far as group meal, I'm leaning towards eating elsewhere too. i'm on a diabetes diet now, so I'll be eating elsewhere too. Got a place in mind, i'll look into it more. Plenty of smaller places around but can only get smaller groups into them.

Hey Jonesy,

We ate at Joe's just down the street and they had a pretty healthy menu if I remember but even Bennington isn't that far and they probably have a lot to choose from. I read an article somewhere about a place that caters to healthy selections, I'll have to look around again.

There are a number of good eating places in Brattleboro and at least one in Bennington where I've enjoyed the meal. You all aren't making it clear if you want to all dine together as a group or splinter off into several different smaller groups. If that's the case than Carina would need to be made aware of the plans so she doesn't have her crew prepare meals that no one will be there to enjoy.

In Bennington there is a rather small diner called Pete's located on route #9 on the east side of the town limits...I can vouch for his breakfast meals as being great with large portions. I never have ate there for lunch or dinner meals, but would think they'd be as good as the breakfast servings. Just guessing he probably has seating for 20 patrons so a small group could be served there. That's the only place I've eaten at in Bennington.

In Brattleboro area there are a number of really decent diners and restaurants...most are big enough to handle bigger groups. Without trying to list all the restaurants with their food specialties I'll just list the names as they all can be found on the internet.

• The Marina....28 Spring Tree Rd. (off rt#5) 802-257-7563
  • Chelsea Royal Diner...487 Marlboro Road (rt #9) 802-254-8399
  • Curtis B-B-Q....(rt#5)...Putney VT....self proclaimed 8th wonder of the world (hrs. ?)
  • The New England House...254 Marlboro Rd. (rt#9)...802-254-6886
  • Top of the Hill Grill and B-B-Q...632 Putney Rd. (rt#5)...802-258-9178

In Wilmington and West Dover area:
  • Dot's Restaurant...(corner rt #9 and rt # 100)...now reopened and rebuilt from Irene damage, 802-464-7284
  • Dot's of Dover...2 Mountain Park Plaza...802-464-6476
  • Anchor Seafood Restaurant...8 S. Main, Wilmington...802-464-2112
  • Deegans Restaurant and Tavern...267 rt 100 Dover...802-464-1133
  • Dover Forge Restaurant...183 rt 100 West Dover...802-464-5320
  • 100 North Steak and Pasta House...267 rt 100 Dover...802-464-8600

I've eaten at several of the places in Brattleboro and none of the places in Wilmington and West Dover. My opinion, which I know hasn't been asked of, I'd rather eat at the Grey Goose and visit with the group rather the ride around southern VT in smaller groups wasting time and gasoline. I'm sure Carina would do you all a fine meal with some input from the group as to what you are looking for in the meal.

Allen Serviss Vernon,VT

I thought there was one place right on the corner of Rt 9 and Rt 100 that looked interesting, something with a mill ......

While it was great to sit down with everyone, maybe it's me and what I am used to but the meal prices appear to be much higher than what I have paid elsewhere. For example there is an option for a spaghetti dinner that is almost $23.00, we have a very nice place here in town that I can get enough lasagna for two dinners, salad and fresh bread for $13.00. The casual cookout is priced OK but then again does it include salads or just hamburgers and hot dogs.

An option is to go out in small groups someplace that appeals to the group and then maybe do a dessert/cheese and wine party after everyone is back and off the roads.

Doug, like your ideas, but Rosy is in charge of the beer, wine, cheese parties. there are a few places to eat nearby. If temps are normal this year just sitting around outside would be cool.

I wasn't at last years rally but have been reading thru these posts. At $6 per person for breakfast...my thought is Breakfast is good any time of the day!!! So bring it on for dinner also.
I know about how high food prices are in Vt since I was in Woodstock last weekend and stopped to eat. We had a plate of nachos, a cheeseburger with bacon and two waters......$31.65 plus $5 tip.....jaw dragged on the floor all the way to the loaner trike.

The person who will be with me for the rally is "gluten free" so that will have to be a consideration as to where we eat.

HOPEFULLY, I will get my trike before Memorial Day and can put a few miles on it before going to Nova Scotia and the rally. Might even do a practice run to Dover, VT and the GGI

HOPEFULLY, I will get my trike before Memorial Day and can put a few miles on it before going to Nova Scotia and the rally. Might even do a practice run to Dover, VT and the GGI[/QUOTE]

THIS YEAR ???????

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png