Davis Rally & Bikes, Blues & BBQ

Ozarkryder

Feb 18, 2008
Anderson, Missouri
Labor Day is just over a week away, and following that by a week is the Davis Motorcycle Rally in New Hampton, IA. http://www.davismotorcyclerally.com/ We have been in attendance since 1999 and haven't had a bad time no matter rain, drought, heat or cold. And a few weeks after that is Bikes, Blues and Bar-B-Que in Fayeteville, AR. This is the 15th year of the rally, and I have been at all of them. (Helps that I live within 50 miles of Fayetteville) Actually I even attended the charity poker run that morphed into BBBBQ. I ride the area all the time, so the big draw for me is the vendors,the bikes and the parade of people.For folks from out of the area, the Arkansas Ozarks is a great place to ride.

So, commercials over, is anyone planning on attending either event? Would be neat to have a meet-up.

We just got back from the Davis Rally. Highlight of the trip was seeing Billy and Sheila from Roll-A-Home Campers. Bout as down home a pair as you'll find. Great folks, great camper!

This is our 2nd year here at New Hampton, Ia, and I really think attendance was down. By a lot! Last year you couldn't hardly find an open spot for a tent at the park. This year, man it was like a 1/3 of the folks. Kinda sad really. We didn't even do the night light parade.

Rax

We just got back from the Davis Rally. Highlight of the trip was seeing Billy and Sheila from Roll-A-Home Campers. Bout as down home a pair as you'll find. Great folks, great camper!

This is our 2nd year here at New Hampton, Ia, and I really think attendance was down. By a lot! Last year you couldn't hardly find an open spot for a tent at the park. This year, man it was like a 1/3 of the folks. Kinda sad really. We didn't even do the night light parade.

Rax

We have been attending the Davis Rally since 1994. There have been years when you could walk across the campground without touching the ground because the tents were so close together, and one year we counted 70 vendors.

Attendance has been dropping these last years, and vendors have been opting to not come for various reasons. Air Rider pulled both mobile units off the road a few Years ago, Verns Bikes & Trikes hasn't been in a few years. A few years ago the state of Iowa passed some rule that the camper and trike makers can't sell - they are just there for display. (I was told by Roadsmith they weren't allowed to even quote a price!) Roadsmith is going to Wing Ding and won't be in New Hampton next year, and most likely the factory Motor Trike truck and a few others. Gloria and I have been talking about it and pretty much decided to go Maggie Valley that week for the Trike Talk reunion.

This year will be my first BB&BBQ, hope to see some of you there.

How will we know Trike Talk members? Meet at some specific place at some specific time? We could meet at one of the Trike Talk sponsor's booth. (I know Roadsmith will be there at the Baum Stadium lot. Any other sponsors of this site attending?) Or anywhere else that is convenient.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png