Old Biker from Texas, now old Triker from Texas

Reaction score
Howdy, the name here is Mike from Gatesville, Texas. My ride is a Black 2012 TriGlide who I have named Betty. For all the old coots who remember the '60s the band named Ram Jam should ring a bell. For you younger folks search the band or song Black Betty, and you will see why I call her that, and of course also for my little black dog that I named Betty Boop. She is gone now so she won't mind.
I don't post too many times on forums, but if something catches my eye or I can help out, I will post.
Most of the time I will be out tri-scootin except when temps get 100+ or below 32.
A fella told me once to ride it like an high powered ATV or PWC, but don't go in the woods and for sure stay off the lakes. Bam A Lam. L8R y'all.

Welcome Bogey and greetings from Long Island. Now, be on the lookout for the Betty Boop movie they are just getting ready to make. Bam a lam.

Hi Mike
Welcome. Up here around Lubbock we get more 100+ and sub 32 than I prefer. Since getn off the two wheeler and onto three, it seems the heat is even worse. I just don't ride as much as I used to. Love getn out though, and looking forward to lower temps this fall. Be safe.

Welcome Bogey and greetings from Long Island. Now, be on the lookout for the Betty Boop movie they are just getting ready to make. Bam a lam.
Thanks Bikerbozo, I lived on LI for 8 yrs while I was married to a East Northport woman. Worked for the USPS out of Hicksville then they moved to Islip. Started driving truck and worked my way to driving a regular van to take the overnight mail to the airport. Way too easy of a job, but I wasn't happy so after the divorce I sold whatever I wasn't packing on my Softtail and I took to the roads on a 15000(+/-) mile trip which lasted a little more than a year. Went back to LI to see some friends then boogied south to Fla. That lasted about a year so I returned home to Texas.

- - - Updated - - -

WELCOME to Trike Talk from Ohio. Be safe and enjoy the ride. Larry

Thanks Larry, I like your Avatar. I was in the exact same spot at the circle last year. In Alaska from May 1 to Oct 1. Had a great time in the entire state especially with the bears on Katmai.

Welcome from South Dakota
EEEE-hawww! and don't be usin' no spurs on dat Betty *wink*
Ride safe :)

~ Blue Pearl ~

Welcome from downtown Central Texas! Did you get your trike from Mitchell MS? Mitchell MS in Kyle converted my bike to a trike and I just love it. There is a Texas trike gathering, hosted by TT, that is happening Nov. 1 & 2 in Kerrville. Ride safe and post often!

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheeza
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png