New Years Day! Who's Riding Today?

RiderRick

Reaction score
A New Years Day ride is something I try to do if the weather will allow. Sometimes its very short. Bundle up and around the block if nothing else.

Lets see how many will take a New Years Day ride and share it with us!

Hah! SpiritDream and I were just talking about this in the Chat Box! I'd love to ride today, but NW Florida is cold and rainy and the Chief and I both have nasty colds. But, maybe later if the skies clear up a bit....

Enjoy your first ride of 2010, Rick! :beerchug:

Let's see.....snow, sand, salt, ice, 25 degrees. Nope, don't see a ride for me today, even if the battery was in the trike!! We'll just have to ride vicariously through all of you who live in warmer climates. ;)

It's 52 and sunny here in Globe, AZ and looks like a perfect day for a trike ride. I think that I'll head west toward the valley and lower elevations where the temps should be another 10 degrees warmer.:D

The big question is why am I setting here looking at the computer screen when I could be burning up the road? :confused: Guess I'll suit up and head out! :yes:

Hope everyone has a good year in 2010.

Well I got my ride in today around 1:30. Sunny day with temp. in lower 40's and dry roads. About 25 mile loop and it was great. Still getting use to three wheels, about 150 miles so far.
Hope all have a great day.

Well I did about 30 miles today and about 150 yesterday.Thanks to Trike talk for my birthday note.Yepper I am 64 today and have 1064 miles on my 2010 Tri Glide.It getting better every mile.Happy New Year!

pgr mission today lance corporal roebuck march air force base to funeral home what a terrible way for a family to start a year. wish i didnt ride today

yes in north Al. 11 went (6 bikes 5 trikes) about 120 miles. high temp. was 39 today.. we had a great time...:yes:

I'm back from the New Years Day ride. Made a roundtrip from Globe to San Manuel, AZ and return. Was about 54 here in Globe and 65 in the lower elevations. Had a blast! :)

Yep, we've had a couple of fabulous 450 odd Km rides in this week . The first being on Jan 1st in 27 deg C the second today & its 25 deg C. Don't wish to sound over confident but riding the Trike is becoming almost second nature now & we're loving it. Got some big rides planned for Feb & March running up to 6/7 days duration. Oh how I love summer :p :D Baz.

Ride for me, Baz......... All day here it was only about 16 degrees F (I think that is -9 or -10 C) and waaaaayyyyy to cold for riding!

Ride for me, Baz......... All day here it was only about 16 degrees F (I think that is -9 or -10 C) and waaaaayyyyy to cold for riding!

Come down here then & bring your Trike. ;)

PS What's this MINUS thing , not heard of that before????

Last edited:
I guess New Zealand never gets this cold???? Fortunately, we don't usually stay at this temperature for very long. I don't like it! You wait, Baz, one day I'll show up on your doorstep ready to ride :D

Well I will tell my tale of wooo. Got up and it was about 6 degrees so I went on the computer answered emails till about 12 oclock. The wife asked me if I was going to ride today 01/01/10 I said that I though that I might. So she said I need some potatos and cerial Well that was a challenge 12 miles away.<br />
Snow and ice covered drive way of about 300 feet and uphill....and 16 degrees. Well beeing the hard nut that I am I got dressed and went out and hit the starter and it would spin and fired once but it would not start!!!!!!!!!<br />
So I put the charger on it and came in the house. The wife said ooohhhh a short trip and snickered.. Now that hurt. So about 3 pm I went out and hit the starter and walllaaa it fired up. Good Girl !!!! So off i went to the store.<br />
Not to bad going east as the wind was out of the nortwest. Well I got to the store and get inside and one of the ladys that seen me come in walked over and told me I was nuts!!!!

Well you can argue with the truth so I said yes mam. I did my shopping and others agreed with her. Well I left and when I got to the trike I put my face mask on and helmet and then my gloves that I thought were warm and started home strait into the wind . now I don't have to tell you this was cold but I will !!!! As I got half way home my fingers got COLD!!!! Then they quit hurting and I had abot 6 miles to go so I thought that I could make it ok!!! Well I made it but not OK when I came inside my wife took my hands and was warming the fingers witch I thought was nice but not fast enough so I put them under the hot water. I am going to tell you right now don't ever do that!!!!!!!!!! IT REALY HURTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<br />
They are ok today so no damage. <br />
Just so you know why I am so stupid this was the 37 year that I have rode on the first day of the year!!!!!!!!<br />
I hope that everyone can take a lesson from this and has a very happy new year!!!!!!<br />
I think I might be getting to old for this cold weather....

NNNNAAAAAA!!!!!!:no::no::no:

Just a quick 25 mile loop. 38 degrees when I set out. None of my regular riding buddies was available to accompany me, so I rode alone.

Tony, you should have let me know you were riding with a group, and I might have gone with.

:no:Glad your hands are ok! Yea, I learned never to use warm or hot water for cold hands, on a Christmas night fire we responded to.This happened in Mesa Ariz. where it can get cold in the winter especially at night. We had seen the glow in the sky from my apt. and I called in, as I was off duty. The dispatcher said "Yes ALL avail. Fire personell are to respond. It was a HUGE fire. It was an ice plant that some transient had started a small fire out back of the building to keep warm. The fire creeped up into a wall which was about 2 foot thick, lined with sawdust,styrofoam, and cork.

The main ice storeage building was like a giant chimney with flames blasting out the sides. After about 7 hours of being soaking wet, and the fire out, we were all freezing cold. I went over to the pumper to crack open a port and let the warm/hot water from the pump trickle out onto my hands. Man, that was a pain I cannot describe! Doctor said I coulda damaged my hands! Lesson learned! jimsjinx

:yes: You guys are right I should have used cold water. I know that now and had heard it before but you know I learn the hard way and have all my life.
Also I was suprizedat how fast the fingers went from very cold to the no hurting stage ( it was just a few miles and I am talking 1 or 2 !!!!!!
Well I guess you can teach a old goat new tricks!!!!!!!:D:blush::yes:

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png