Triketalk's/TOI's Meet/Ride - Sturgis Rally 2014

Blue Pearl

Jul 20, 2014
RC, SD , USA
This is going to have to be done in a few postings because of limits on pictures and my limited knowledge of the forum computer protocols (so -- Part One)

Where was everyone?
Here it was my birthday and...and...
Well I had GREAT fun! I got to meet Paul. Al came along too with a friend. It was a sheer joy to be out in the most prettiest part of the hills...Spearfish Canyon and the the Fish Hatchery. The smell of the clean and crisp air was intoxicating. The scent of the pines wafted the air occasionally. Truly a delight for the senses and the soul.
The DC Booth Fish Hatchery was a place I had never been before. It is a historical site for western South Dakota. The sad thing is they are not sure if they will be able to keep it open for too much longer....maintenance and money. So I felt very honored to have gone there and that Paul had chosen this site.
Thank you, Paul for the gift of your time :goodjob:

Ok *draws in deep breathe* I am a little late with pictures but it had to do with computer protocols and stuff like that. I hope I can post all these pictures...and the forum doesn't crash....

We sure missed all of you and we sure want to share a little bit of what you all missed. So without further adieu~~

Attachments

• c.jpg
    c.jpg
    886.3 KB · Views: 75
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    707 KB · Views: 71
  • d.jpg
    d.jpg
    604.8 KB · Views: 74
  • e.jpg
    e.jpg
    962.4 KB · Views: 71
  • f.jpg
    f.jpg
    863.2 KB · Views: 72
  • g.jpg
    g.jpg
    815.5 KB · Views: 73
Part Two -- where there is a will there is ALWAYS a way :pepper:

~ The Blue Pearl ~

Attachments

• g.jpg
    g.jpg
    815.5 KB · Views: 71
  • h.jpg
    h.jpg
    759.2 KB · Views: 67
  • l.jpg
    l.jpg
    793.4 KB · Views: 71
  • k.jpg
    k.jpg
    393.6 KB · Views: 72
  • i.jpg
    i.jpg
    501 KB · Views: 76
  • m.jpg
    m.jpg
    722 KB · Views: 74
This is going to have to be done in a few postings because of limits on pictures and my limited knowledge of the forum computer protocols (so -- Part One)

Where was everyone?
Here it was my birthday and...and...
Well I had GREAT fun! I got to meet Paul. Al came along too with a friend. It was a sheer joy to be out in the most prettiest part of the hills...Spearfish Canyon and the the Fish Hatchery. The smell of the clean and crisp air was intoxicating. The scent of the pines wafted the air occasionally. Truly a delight for the senses and the soul.
The DC Booth Fish Hatchery was a place I had never been before. It is a historical site for western South Dakota. The sad thing is they are not sure if they will be able to keep it open for too much longer....maintenance and money. So I felt very honored to have gone there and that Paul had chosen this site.
Thank you, Paul for the gift of your time :goodjob:

Ok *draws in deep breathe* I am a little late with pictures but it had to do with computer protocols and stuff like that. I hope I can post all these pictures...and the forum doesn't crash....

We sure missed all of you and we sure want to share a little bit of what you all missed. So without further adieu~~

Your entirely welcome and it was indeed my pleasure hosting the TT/TOI Meet/Ride event. Great pictures Anne...! Too bad it had to rain during the 2nd half of the event. Still, had a wonderful time and I'm looking forward to doing it again next year, God willing. Take care and ride safe!:pepper::pepper::pepper:

Daydreamer

Blue Pearl, Thanks for the great photos, I wish I could have made it, but with any luck I will make the 2015 ride. Do you think you will do the 75th rally?
Do you have names to go with the 5 in the 2nd photo?

Sure... from left to right

My Granddaughter, myself, pmar6004, Al, Arlene (night auditor in a Belle Fourche inn).

I sure hope you can make the next one...I have a feeling it will be a humdinger!

Cheyenne Crossing has some go-o-o-o-d coffee too....good coffee. So good I am planning to go back up there during the Labor Day weekend. Part of my pilgrimage thing I do for me every year during the fall. I came up here when I was 17 and I never left.... The Black Hills are very spiritual to me.

So I wanna see you all up here on the 75th!!!

~ Blue Pearl ~
:D

Thanks for the info on the photos. :cool:

I so hope to make the 75th, I bet it will have the most riders in 10 years.

I wanted to get a jump on the 75th so I started the Sturgis 2015, 75th Rally thread even sooner than the one I started for 2014 rally.

Hey Tom,
Sure sure hope that you and many others from this forum can make Sturgis next year. As you noted, it's the 75th anniversary, slated to be the biggest and best rally ever. I have to admit that I was a bit disappointed with the low turn out for the TT/TOI Meet/Ride event that I hosted, so much so that I wasn't sure if I'd agree to host another. But I had such a good time, met a good number of liked minded people who love to ride and experience the thrill, excitement and sense of freedom our sport instills, that it would be a shame not to experience that again. So I've reconsidered and will host the event again, however this time I plan on having the event the day after the T.O.U.R. which will be on a Thursday, August 6th, 2015. So everyone, circle that day on your calendars and stay tuned to this channel for further announcements in the future
.ThumbUp

Daydreamer

Hey Tom,
Sure sure hope that you and many others from this forum can make Sturgis next year. As you noted, it's the 75th anniversary, slated to be the biggest and best rally ever. I have to admit that I was a bit disappointed with the low turn out for the TT/TOI Meet/Ride event that I hosted, so much so that I wasn't sure if I'd agree to host another. But I had such a good time, met a good number of liked minded people who love to ride and experience the thrill, excitement and sense of freedom our sport instills, that it would be a shame not to experience that again. So I've reconsidered and will host the event again, however this time I plan on having the event the day after the T.O.U.R. which will be on a Thursday, August 6th, 2015. So everyone, circle that day on your calendars and stay tuned to this channel for further announcements in the future
.ThumbUp

Daydreamer

Hi Paul,

I'm sorry to hear about the bad turnout, really wish I could have been there. Glad you still had a good time and glad you will host again, I just added Aug 6th, 2015 to my Sturgis calender.

Now, if someone would make the Sturgis 2015, 75th Rally thread a 'STICKY', up with the 2014 thread, we can get a jump on the 75th and get everyone interested. :clapping:

Hey Tom,
.ThumbUp

Daydreamer
I Hope too be their for the 75 anv. , the T.O.U.R and the get togeather .I Like the idea of it being on thursday

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png