Problem with Reverse on 2009Tri Glide

I believe these guys make the Harley reverse motor may want to call and ask if they can rebuild/fix..

https://www.meziere.com/

I contacted Meziere Ent. and received a reply from Don Mezeire. I got the feeling that he is not happy with anyone thinking Mezeire Ent. has anything to do with the H-D TG reverse motor. "For any issues with your reverse motor please contact your local Harley Davidson dealer." and I think that sums it up for them. :Shrug:

Many thanks to all of you for your advice and information...unfortunately I had to go ahead and order the new motor, I had no choice, I want to ride and I don't have anyone to pull the motor out for me or to check out other repair options.....guess I better start looking for a guy that can help me out with maintenance of my trike! I intend to ask the mechanic some of the questions you asked and get some answers........sorry I did not take the extended warranty!

I contacted Meziere Ent. and received a reply from Don Mezeire. I got the feeling that he is not happy with anyone thinking Mezeire Ent. has anything to do with the H-D TG reverse motor. "For any issues with your reverse motor please contact your local Harley Davidson dealer." and I think that sums it up for them. :Shrug:

Probably does not want to loose Harleys business making the reverse motors..Well that answers that..:D

Many thanks to all of you for your advice and information...unfortunately I had to go ahead and order the new motor, I had no choice, I want to ride and I don't have anyone to pull the motor out for me or to check out other repair options.....guess I better start looking for a guy that can help me out with maintenance of my trike! I intend to ask the mechanic some of the questions you asked and get some answers........sorry I did not take the extended warranty!

Sorry that you had to pay that big price, but I understand the need to ride. :Trike1:
What I'd like to ask is, since you are paying for a new motor than the old one is considered trash, after THEY explain the answers to your/our questions, I would like to get your old motor. THEY should not have any reason to not give you the old motor and I would pay you to box it up & ship it to me. I want to learn more about these motors and see if I can help with the motor problems in the future, I will PM you later.
You don't need a man to help you with your bike problems, you have all the members at TT to help you!!:pepper::pepper: Besides, I have known some females that work on bikes & cars that work circles around the guys and very smart. They were bookworms, something most guys don't like or think they need need to do. You might surprise yourself if you start reading up on bike/trike repairs, you don't need to turn the wrench yourself if you don't want to, but it will sure help to know the real answers before THEY start giving you the BS.

Have fun & be safe riding and please let us know what THEY gave you for answers.:wave4:

FYI- My stealer says you can take out a ext. warr. on your '09 under certain condition/stipultions - my Wife just did her '10 and while costly it may well be worth the expense.
Seems like the reverse motors, compensators, and stators are re-occurring issues on the trikes and all expensive items!
Just my opinion -WE SURE ENJOY OUR H.D. TRIKES.........
:laugh::laugh:

THEY should not have any reason to not give you the old motor and I would pay you to box it up & ship it to me. I want to learn more about these motors and see if I can help with the motor problems in the future,

When I took my motor apart I found that the brushes were falling apart [crumpling].
I figure that was from road salt and water, I ride all winter snow and all...
But there isn't much to the motor... Brush's/ plate and commutator that will go bad..

You could get brushes just about any ware, But ''I'' couldn't get the plate, And you would need a tack welder/brazier to put new brushes on the plate... So for 95 dollars it was smarter to let Middlesex put in new brushes with a new plate, Plus a new commutator, and while I waited...... ThumbUp

Probably does not want to loose Harleys business making the reverse motors..Well that answers that..:D

I had to make a few changes to your comment to make it more 'accurate':laugh:(see below), plus I don't want to make Don mad because I'm helping a friend with his V8 dune buggy build and after I showed him Mezeire's web site he is making a list of brackets & other stuff to order.

Probably does not want to loose business if people are thinking they are making the Harley reverse motors..Well that answers that..:D :pepper::pepper:

I had to make a few changes to your comment to make it more 'accurate':laugh:(see below), plus I don't want to make Don mad because I'm helping a friend with his V8 dune buggy build and after I showed him Mezeire's web site he is making a list of brackets & other stuff to order.

Probably does not want to loose business if people are thinking they are making the Harley reverse motors..Well that answers that..:D :pepper::pepper:

Works for me..:clapping:

When I took my motor apart I found that the brushes were falling apart [crumpling]. I figure that was from road salt and water, I ride all winter snow and all... But there isn't much to the motor... Brush's/ plate and commutator that will go bad.. You could get brushes just about any ware, But ''I'' couldn't get the plate, And you would need a tack welder/brazier to put new brushes on the plate... So for 95 dollars it was smarter to let Middlesex put in new brushes with a new plate, Plus a new commutator, and while I waited...... ThumbUp

I know what your saying and I will be the first to admit that I know little about elec motors, I can fix stuff BUT, I KNOW a guy. I have known this guy since way way back in my slot car days and he is a wiz with elec motors, all he ever says is, bring it to me I'll look at it. He has fixed so many motors for me that I lost count and he is the reason I want to get hold of this motor, he has a knack for making them stronger. :cool:

I know what your saying and I will be the first to admit that I know little about elec motors, I can fix stuff BUT, I KNOW a guy. I have known this guy since way way back in my slot car days and he is a wiz with elec motors, all he ever says is, bring it to me I'll look at it. He has fixed so many motors for me that I lost count and he is the reason I want to get hold of this motor, he has a knack for making them stronger. :cool:

Got'ya.........ThumbUpThumbUp

Just an update, TrikerMary sent me her rev motor and I only took a quick look, it looks like the brush holder & rear bearing cap exploded, it may have damaged the main case. I still plan to have my 'guy' look at it, he has worked miracles in the past. I will update again, but it will be after I get completely moved.

I do know one thing, the motor failure had NOTHING to do with the parking brake, ​ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Makes me wonder if I should go with a Champion Reverse Gear before mine goes put on me. I've had a dislike for those electrical motors since I got my first TG in 09.

Bubba

we are all having the same problem. cant afford Champion Reverse Gear so i will go for the $50 brushes on ebay because H-D does not sell them!!!!!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png