FreeWheeler first Thoughts

Reaction score
Was able to get on a Freewheeler today. First thoughts were this is a lot lower than wifes XXX. She was with me and so I asked her to get on. She just put her leg over the seat and sat down where with her trike she steps on the rear boards to get up and on, shes 5'3''. The seat and reach to the handlebars is one of the most comfortable stock setups ive been on, im 5'8" so lets say im average size. Wife thought the same thing. The rear brake resivour is mounted where the serial #s are, see pic. Front forks are nice and heavy duty. Front tire is real nice and looks good with the small fender altho personally I would haved like a touring fender and tire. The bobbed rear fenders were a turn off for me, all I could think of was everything off the tires was going right up exposed sides of the trunk. The license plate is mounted under the left rear tail light, looks OK but again something I would perfer on the trunk.
A few accessorys are available, passenger back rest, luggage rack, rear bumper and windshield.
This trike has a lot of customizing possibilities .
I know if I buy this the wife will take it and ill be left with her XXX.

Attachments

• IMG_0932.JPG
    IMG_0932.JPG
    734.6 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_0931.JPG
    IMG_0931.JPG
    522.5 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_0927.JPG
    IMG_0927.JPG
    619 KB · Views: 219
Was able to get on a Freewheeler today. First thoughts were this is a lot lower than wifes XXX. She was with me and so I asked her to get on. She just put her leg over the seat and sat down where with her trike she steps on the rear boards to get up and on, shes 5'3''. The seat and reach to the handlebars is one of the most comfortable stock setups ive been on, im 5'8" so lets say im average size. Wife thought the same thing. The rear brake resivour is mounted where the serial #s are, see pic. Front forks are nice and heavy duty. Front tire is real nice and looks good with the small fender altho personally I would haved like a touring fender and tire. The bobbed rear fenders were a turn off for me, all I could think of was everything off the tires was going right up exposed sides of the trunk. The license plate is mounted under the left rear tail light, looks OK but again something I would perfer on the trunk.
A few accessorys are available, passenger back rest, luggage rack, rear bumper and windshield.
This trike has a lot of customizing possibilities .
I know if I buy this the wife will take it and ill be left with her XXX.
I'd have to agree with on the fenders, not for this country, I do like the looks. I was looking a the rear brake master reservoir and wondering how that's mounted? I wonder if that rear brake piston and reservoir can be adapted to the older model tri-glides?
Butch

Buddy/I looked at one today - totally agree with above post - we liked and definitely see the unlimited possibilties for customization.
Having my Street Glide trike paid for surely made up MY mind though.
I think Harley may well be on the right track!
LOOKS GOOD........

Also went to the local dealer and sat on one. I LIKE IT!!! My current Tri is only the second bike I've owned in 40 years with a windshield, I really like the openness of the scoot. IF we were at our Arizona house I've had bought it in a minute. Sales tax is 3% lower plus registration is a bunch lower. Could save nearly 2 grand buying it in Arizona instead of California. Going to take a look next trip down there.

Did anyone get a look inside the trunk? I was looking at the specs on the HD website and it indicated that there was only 2 cubic feet of storage space.

I've got an 11 XXX that has about 6 cubic feet of storage space with the after market tour pak and 4 cubic feet without it. I think I may stick with the XXX if the trunk is that small. Besides my XXX is all mine and the State's (property tax).

Bubba

Did anyone get a look inside the trunk? I was looking at the specs on the HD website and it indicated that there was only 2 cubic feet of storage space.

I've got an 11 XXX that has about 6 cubic feet of storage space with the after market tour pak and 4 cubic feet without it. I think I may stick with the XXX if the trunk is that small. Besides my XXX is all mine and the State's (property tax).

Bubba
Yes it IS small - basically I'd call the whole concept a SOLO SCOOT............that said,it would work and I LIKE IT!
BTW-Stealer here in NorCal wants msrp (24,999)+ T/L++ = 28 thou./TriGlide 38+
YIKES...............

Yeah - WOW!!
Agree - hate the fenders.
But - does it go!! Hop that engine up a tish and YIKES watch out!
It's also kind of a blank slate for customizing but by the time I got done with it it'd look just like my XXX only with a smaller trunk!
It's a fantastic "bar hopper" but for touring purposes maybe not. Yeah, I know, I use to tour on a Sportster but that was back when I didn't know any better :laugh:. Love to have one for running around town and such but I think I'll keep my XXX for the road - you just can't beat the XXX IMHO!

Yes it IS small - basically I'd call the whole concept a SOLO SCOOT............that said,it would work and I LIKE IT!
BTW-Stealer here in NorCal wants msrp (24,999)+ T/L++ = 28 thou./TriGlide 38+
YIKES...............

It was great being there at Eagle's Nest with you Pete. I agree a bit small feeling but for 8k-10k difference and the endless possibilities it's a great option. If your a person who goes on long hauls maybe not the best choice but for smaller trips and such it's perfect. With this new option my choice just might be a Freewheeler.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png