Slingshot trikes

RT's are the wave of the future and Slingshot, CanAm and Elio are great examples. Elio has pre sold over 40,000 units so far.

The demographics support this type of build as a younger sportier group and female interest is very high. This is a sample of 15,000 web hits over a 7 mo period on a new RT type product.

Image1.jpg

Still waiting for the latest word from Polaris on deliveries. There has been some sort of hold up on them getting into customers hands. Being a completely new venture with shipping logistics, any manufacturing bumps, and the fact that Polaris moved to a new factory location, & what not I can see why there's been delays. It don't help none either with being taken by surprise on the overall number of pre-solds.
Still looking like Polaris will still start deliveries in the next week or two. Sure hope so cause weather will start turning here before much longer. Had a few frosty morning so far but its been warming up during the day to low to mid 60's. That won't last much longer I'm afraid. :(
Oh and thanks to the Administrator(s) for adding us, soon to be, Slingshot owners our own section.
Larry

Next week is the SEMA event in Las Vegas and although Polaris will be an exhibitor they will not have the slingshot as the display item. All they are having is one of their side by sides.
Too bad as I was hoping to sit in one. I guess I will have to wait until the dealers get them and do it then.

I will get to check out Elio real close as our booth is adjoining theirs. I need to figure out how they can sell them for $6800.

About Two weeks ago I was at Rollingfast in Lebanon NJ 'they Had two sitting in front, One red and one silver.. One was a demo with broken plastic
interior parts, Very difficult to get in and out, Unless your 140 and 5'6 Which I'm not..
I didn't bother to take a test ride, My opinion and ''only'' my opinion, I don't think they will hold up in the rough roads here in the North east... First high curb and that hammer head front end is gone..

The slingshot is made out of the same thing all Polaris's products are made out of. You know they make military vehicles too with the same parts as their UTV's. The slingshot is no more off road worthy then any other road trike.

I was at an "Open House" about a month ago and they had a Slingshot there and was told by the Polaris rep that they were going to ship to the Southern Dealers by the end of October and then to the north. I tried to get into the driver's seat and couldn't fit. My legs would not bend in the right directions.

I was at an "Open House" about a month ago and they had a Slingshot there and was told by the Polaris rep that they were going to ship to the Southern Dealers by the end of October and then to the north. I tried to get into the driver's seat and couldn't fit. My legs would not bend in the right directions.

Yep, I did manage to get [squeeze] into one a few weeks ago, Almost couldn't get out.
The designers must all be Stealth and short...

You getting one Reno?

I was going to, But after dumping 40k on a new pick-up, and getting a new Victory..
I think i'll wait on it .. But after sitting in one, And Fighting to Get in and out of the drivers seat' ''No''.. It was such a hassle, That I didn't take it out for a test ride..
I really didn't want to waste the salespersons time..

I was going to, But after dumping 40k on a new pick-up, and getting a new Victory..
I think i'll wait on it .. But after sitting in one, And Fighting to Get in and out of the drivers seat' ''No''.. It was such a hassle, That I didn't take it out for a test ride..
I really didn't want to waste the salespersons time..

Sounds like it's made for the younger more nimble folks. I'd probably have the same issues getting in and out of the Slingshot with my bad hip. I'd still like to at least try to sit in one once they're available at the dealers.

Sounds like it's made for the younger more nimble folks. I'd probably have the same issues getting in and out of the Slingshot with my bad hip. I'd still like to at least try to sit in one once they're available at the dealers.

According to website demographics the #1 group of interest is 25-34(35%) #2= 18-24 and above 35 the percentages drop where only 5.5% are over 55. Just the inverse of interest in 1-2 trike setups. I think the 18-25 range would be #1 if cost was not such a factor.
In the 2-1 configuration 46% are also women.

That's my Cliff Clavin for the day :xzqxz:

Texas pulls back on the Slingshot. Says the three wheel vehicle can't be titled for on the road use in the state. Doesn't qualify as a motorcycle and doesn't have necessary safety equipment to be considered a car. State definition of a motorcycle is having a saddle instead of a car style seat which the Slingshot has. It will not be allowed to register Slingshot as a street legal motorcycle.

:Shrug::Shrug: So says the Great State of Texas.

Texas pulls back on the Slingshot. Says the three wheel vehicle can't be titled for on the road use in the state. Doesn't qualify as a motorcycle and doesn't have necessary safety equipment to be considered a car. State definition of a motorcycle is having a saddle instead of a car style seat which the Slingshot has. It will not be allowed to register Slingshot as a street legal motorcycle.

:Shrug::Shrug: So says the Great State of Texas.

Interesting. I know of two Grinnall Scorpion 111 trikes [side by side seating] that have been registered in Texas. I wonder if lobbying by the builders of

Thoroughbred Motorsports Stallions could have influenced regulators to insert the requirement of fore and aft seating? Is a hack rig also a car in the eyes of Texas regulators?

I delivered to a motor sports dealer last week in Pa., who had one on the show room floor. Took a look, the Big Dog wouldn't give it a ThumbUp, but a smaller rider might. They have had a lot of interest in them, of course I think the number of ordered units was not mentioned. They will find a market!!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png