2015 freewheeler

took an amber whiskey freewheeler for a demo ride ,found it to be quite light and nimble with good braking and much more power than my 13 tri but needs a wind shield, here in canada thier is a10,000 differance in price over a tri glide sso it should sell well.

How did seat comfort compare? Looks like not near as comfy. Also how comfy for 2-up (after you install a sissy bar) . Looks like s nice bar hoper but not a touring bike.
Also, It appears it has the typical worthless headlite, especially with no spots. I wonder if there is an LED model that fits.

How did seat comfort compare? Looks like not near as comfy. Also how comfy for 2-up (after you install a sissy bar) . Looks like s nice bar hoper but not a touring bike.
Also, It appears it has the typical worthless headlite, especially with no spots. I wonder if there is an LED model that fits.

You should give that dual halogen head light a try. Looking at the charts that Harley has in their 2015 parts books the LED's don't have the forward range of the dual halogen.
I know I have the dual halogen set-up, & love it ! Just not impressed with what you get for your buck !

i found the seat to be alright for the time i was riding but not enough room for passenger, trike is much lower than tri glide .it could be a good touring bike with the addition of a seat change, backrest,rear rack and quick detach windshield.a blast to ride !

Headlight

You should give that dual halogen head light a try. Looking at the charts that Harley has in their 2015 parts books the LED's don't have the forward range of the dual halogen.
I know I have the dual halogen set-up, & love it ! Just not impressed with what you get for your buck !
The motor co sells a bulb (led) that is super bright goes for about $75.00 works well in my FLRT

15 Freewheeler

i found the seat to be alright for the time i was riding but not enough room for passenger, trike is much lower than tri glide .it could be a good touring bike with the addition of a seat change, backrest,rear rack and quick detach windshield.a blast to ride !

I find the stock seat to be very comfortable. I installed a driver backrest and a windshield (a must have) and am in the process of installing a luggage rack (if I can find one with longer rear legs) or I will have to make my own legs and a rear pax back rest. I have gone on several 100+ mile rides and it is a blast..I love it. ENJOY!!LIFE!!

The free is a great touring trike. I have toured on mine and believe me these are not just bar hoppers. They may be more stripped down than the tri-glide but they are more than capable on the road. I have ridden 700 plus miles in one day comfortably. Have to mention that tripping on these is an absolute blast. As soon as I heal up from my crash and get some cash in my pocket ill be doing it again. I can not speak for two up touring but I have the stock seat on mine and it is plenty comfortable for all day rides.

Last edited:
Aux Lights

I agree the single headlight needs help lighting up the road. I installed a set up auxillary/passing lights, as I heard them being called by different names. Now I have the main light and the two 4 1/2 inch smaller lights. I haven't had a chance to test them as yet.

I have a 2015 freewheeler. we tried all the available seats and my wife likes the stock seat the best. We have done numerous long trips of 2 and 3 thousand mile in 12 to 14 days and were comfortable at all times Also it is a great touring bike as it is more nimble and more powerful than the 2010 tri glide I had before. If you get the right bags you can have as much luggage as a tri. Love the free wouldn't trade it for any other

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png