Harley Freewheeler Trike Owners Thread

I LOVE my Freewheeler - best H.D. I've ever owned...... QUESTION.... there is a 'slice' in the stock seat which IMPLIES the ability to install a rider backrest .... BUT I can't find one thru H.D. or J.P. .... HELP???:Coffee:
I have the Harley rider backrest and bracket that I bought when I got my Freewheeler. I will make you a good deal on it as I am buying a Mustang seat in the next few weeks . If you're interested send me a message and I'll figure up a price.

So where to get a backrest for the front seat of an FLRT. Last I looked, H-D doesn't sell one.

The adjustable bracket for the Tri will fit. Problem is the seat isn't nearly as thick as the Tri, so the back pad sits WAY to high (in my opinion) Sooooo, I removed the back pad, used a hand grinder and removed the adjusting bracket. Welded it back on with the top where the bottom was. Cut off the excess and remounted the back pad. Now, all the way down it sits on the seat, all the way up it is about where it was on the Tri.

Good Luck

Got our Freewheeler last week!!! Has windshield, rear bumper, adjustable rider backrest, Custom Dynamic LED front turn signals......waiting on a passenger backrest and sundowner seat to come in. I am sure there will be more to follow!!!!!!!

Howdy from Cut-N-Shoot, Texas

I've had my Freewheeler since March of this year and absolutely love it. I've got 3000 miles on it and that was a feat with all the rain we have had.

2015-06-07_18.18.08.jpg

2015-04-04 17.37.35.jpg

For an old 66 year old fart that's been riding for about 40 plus years, it's the best fun you can have with your boots on.

Howdy from Texas and a Happy HD Freewheeler Owner

I have had my HD Freewheeler since March 2015, and with all the rain we have had, managed to get 3000 mile on it already. I absolutely love it. I've only had one problem with it and that's the odometer switch needs to be replaced and it's supposed to be on the way from HD. When riding the only problem is every time I stop for a beer or gas, people asking a million questions about it. Since I'm a people person, I don't really mind.imagejpeg_0.jpg

I have had my HD Freewheeler since March 2015, and with all the rain we have had, managed to get 3000 mile on it already. I absolutely love it. I've only had one problem with it and that's the odometer switch needs to be replaced and it's supposed to be on the way from HD. When riding the only problem is every time I stop for a beer or gas, people asking a million questions about it. Since I'm a people person, I don't really mind.View attachment 28880

I'm just about to roll over 10k Miles and I got mine in December. I started leaving for work 15 minutes earlier if I have to make a stop because at least one person will want to talk about my FW. The other day 3 separate parties had questions and/or wanted to talk. Thank God I wasn't on my way to work that time. Little kids love it too! I don't know why.

Maybe because it looks like a super sized bigwheel?

test drove one during the local Harley dealer test drive day. They first made us drive a bit in the parking lot but since i have already had trike experience (sort of - spyder and t-rex) it was easy for me to get the hang of things quickly and never had the idea of putting my feet down when coming to a stop. Loved it and would purchase one if it was not so expensive here in Canada. Will probably have to stick to my idea of triking my FatBob. The spyder was a bit easier to ride than the Harley as it has a power assist but the steering was very similar just a bit harder.

I have the Harley rider backrest and bracket that I bought when I got my Freewheeler. I will make you a good deal on it as I am buying a Mustang seat in the next few weeks . If you're interested send me a message and I'll figure up a price.

do you still have the back rest and is it driver or passenger

I have the passenger backrest only, attached to sissy bar. I wish I had the driver backrest but will have to wait. My daughter (the lady in the picture) loves it. We rode about 175 miles the other day and she had no problem with comfort.

not impressed

I traded my vtx 1800 trike w/Motortrike kit for a superior blue one on 7/3/15. I put 74 miles on it to my home. Got up on Sat. morning and adjusted the front & rear shifters. Took it down the road to check the shifting. It was perfect. As I was pulling into my driveway the engine sounde like it had a hung lifter.

Called the dlrshp and they were closed until Tues. Needless to say my long holiday wknd s##ked. I trailered itto the dlrshp on Tue. and they said they have had a batch of bad lifters in the Free.

I left it there and they would call me when they found out anything. Got a call on Wed. and was told they were going to change out the lifters.

I called them back and asked if I could upgrade to the Screaming Eagle lifters and they said no problem if I would pay the difference of $121.00. I said go for it. I received a call later that afternoon and was told the motor was junk ( metal bits ) and they have to send it back to the factory and they would transfer my vin #'s to new engine and ship it back.

The dealer called me yesterday and said I'm all set. I am going out of town until the first week of august so I told them to just put it in the corner and I will see you when I get back. I've had 2 harleys ( problems ) up to 1980 and then I had a Kawi and then 3 Hondas which all were bullet proof.

I'm pushing 72 and figured what the hell, I'll make my last ride a H-D. Needless to say I'm not a happy camper.Twenty seven and change ( trunk guard & windshield plus freight )I really expected more from the Motor Company.....RonC...

Sorry to hear that, Ron. I guess with every product you're going to have failures and that really sucks. I can almost understand on your pre '80 Harley's, but I'd be willing to bet the problems are fewer with the newer bikes. I'm a past & present Honda owner too and totally agree on the bullet proof bikes that Honda makes. But for some reason, my current 2014 CB1100 doesn't stir my blood like my Harley Freewheeler does. (I actually have not had it out of the garage yet this year except for a Spring refresher ride!)
Good luck with things from this point forward, it sounds like you've got a good dealer, and between them and the MOCO they are getting things sorted out. (Of course for your problems though, I think they could have thrown in those Screaming Eagle lifters!)

Ride safe!
~FLRT

New to 3 wheels

I just bought a 2015 black Freewheeler . I traded my 2014 Ultra limited in for it. Went on a ride this weekend and found a lot of stuff i need to change. Different windshield , air cleaner and exhust system , and tuner. I knew I was going to do it but not this quickly and all at once. I guess that what gets me excited about it.

I just bought a 2015 black Freewheeler . I traded my 2014 Ultra limited in for it. Went on a ride this weekend and found a lot of stuff i need to change. Different windshield , air cleaner and exhust system , and tuner. I knew I was going to do it but not this quickly and all at once. I guess that what gets me excited about it.

Harley's are support systems for the 990 page accessory catalog ... and that don't include after market ... :D

I just bought a 2015 black Freewheeler . I traded my 2014 Ultra limited in for it. Went on a ride this weekend and found a lot of stuff i need to change. Different windshield,air cleaner and exhaust system,and tuner. I knew I was going to do it but not this quickly and all at once. I guess that what gets me excited about it.

Most of us may be old but a whole bunch of us are still serious gearheads. We love custom & modified trikes!
Welcome aboard! Nice to see another Texas trike rider on the site.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Searcher

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Searcher
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png