Harley Freewheeler Trike Owners Thread

2015 Freewheeler

If you have a Harley Freewheeler Trike (or are considering buying one) please post your pics, mods, questions/comments here.

I really like my Freewheeler it rides like a sport bike, and gets me riding again. The only thing that
I miss is the wind protection it feels a little windy compared to bikes with a fairing.

Attachments

• 2015FLRT.jpg
    2015FLRT.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 299
I really like my Freewheeler it rides like a sport bike, and gets me riding again. The only thing that
I miss is the wind protection it feels a little windy compared to bikes with a fairing.

Very nice Freewheeler you have there! Like the wheels!

New trike

Congrats.......enjoy the ride and how about some input as you RACK UP those miles!
I always like to hear new owners impressions.
:clapping:

First Timer
Peoria, ILL
859321Superior Blue

w1xj85.jpg

Last edited:
I've lurked here for awhile. Years ago, I had a VW based trike, and I've had several 2 wheeled Harleys over the years. A central nervous system autoimmune condition kept me off of motorcycles in general for several years until the docs finally made some progress last year and I got my legs and balance back to a point.

But to a point it was, and I realized that "pretty sure my legs would hold up the bike at a stop light" wasn't really good enough. Traded my trusty Dyna for a Freewheeler.

Anyway, it's great to be back on the road, and the Freewheeler is a blast to ride. Not the same as it was on two, but just as fun.

I've had the Freewheeler for several months, and my wife and I have put on a fair number of miles in the East Tennessee, Western North Carolina, Western Virginia, East Kentucky area. The heat that I've experienced with the Freewheeler is considerably worse than it was with other Harleys I've had, but between adding the Wards cooling fans, footboard extenders and a Captain Itch Crotch Cooler, that problem is pretty well resolved.

Anyway, just wanted to say Hey to everybody. The Freewheeler really handles great, and it's great to be back in the saddle. Living where I do in the heart of the Blue Ridge/Smokies doesn't hurt either. Lots of great roads to ride!

Trike.jpg

I've lurked here for awhile. Years ago, I had a VW based trike, and I've had several 2 wheeled Harleys over the years. A central nervous system autoimmune condition kept me off of motorcycles in general for several years until the docs finally made some progress last year and I got my legs and balance back to a point.

But to a point it was, and I realized that "pretty sure my legs would hold up the bike at a stop light" wasn't really good enough. Traded my trusty Dyna for a Freewheeler.

Anyway, it's great to be back on the road, and the Freewheeler is a blast to ride. Not the same as it was on two, but just as fun.

I've had the Freewheeler for several months, and my wife and I have put on a fair number of miles in the East Tennessee, Western North Carolina, Western Virginia, East Kentucky area. The heat that I've experienced with the Freewheeler is considerably worse than it was with other Harleys I've had, but between adding the Wards cooling fans, footboard extenders and a Captain Itch Crotch Cooler, that problem is pretty well resolved.

Anyway, just wanted to say Hey to everybody. The Freewheeler really handles great, and it's great to be back in the saddle. Living where I do in the heart of the Blue Ridge/Smokies doesn't hurt either. Lots of great roads to ride!

View attachment 29537
Awesome, welcome. Nice rig!

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats.......enjoy the ride and how about some input as you RACK UP those miles!
I always like to hear new owners impressions.
:clapping:

Had my class this weekend, this using your hands to clutch and power tripped me up, but I got it.... themps down here in the lovely tampa area + the long sleave jacket rule brought on some heat issues, second day I almost fell out. BUT I passed the test so I am Trike endorsed!!! Got to ride mine for a little bit tonight, I love my tall boy seat MUCH more comfortable and over all a better and easier ride.... lovin it.... only a couple side streets so far top speed just over 30mph I am living wild:pepper: But seriously I had the joker grin I am hooked.

New freewheeler

Hello all,
I have my freewheeler a week now. Put on 300 miles and switched to synthetic oil, runs a bit cooler and holds up far better. I have a Lenale fan and a harley temp gauge dip stick. Runs great. Most comfortable bike I ever rode coming from an Electra glide. Bought tall wind shield, Crome rear bumper, and engine bars for protection/ mounting soft lower covers in winter. I love this ride!!! The stock seat, handle bars, feet position, suspension is great. I'm 5'9 165 running 26lbs rear 36 lbs front 16lbs rear shocks.

1st Post: 2015 FLRT

I got my 2015 Superior Blue FLRT in Feb. VIN:854861. Moved from my 10 Heritage Softail after right leg stopped cooperating reliably. (Back surgery, etc.). Took a while to get the feel for the Trike, but now I have put in more miles in a season then I every have before. I am now up to 3550! I started out on a 06 Sportster in 2008.
Enjoying all the posts. Thanks.

I got my 2015 Superior Blue FLRT in Feb. VIN:854861. Moved from my 10 Heritage Softail after right leg stopped cooperating reliably. (Back surgery, etc.). Took a while to get the feel for the Trike, but now I have put in more miles in a season then I every have before. I am now up to 3550! I started out on a 06 Sportster in 2008.
Enjoying all the posts. Thanks.

Hey, it's your first post! So that means.....................

Welcome to TT!ThumbUp

My first Trike

Just came back from a 18 day trip to Sturgis and back. 4000miles. Little trouble going up the mountains above 10k and against the wind but what a beautiful trip.

half.jpg

Hello FLRT folks! Traded in my Road King for a new Vivid Black Freewheeler. I am still getting used to it obviously, but it is fun to ride for sure. I seem to feel it is a little unstable in certain situations, but maybe that's the nature of the beast. I'm a tall guy at 6'7" and had to make a few mods right out of the box.

Took her up some winding mountain roads last weekend and still not sure how fast I can make those curves. I was pulling over quite a bit to let others pass of course. I just felt like she was going to tip. Right turns are a breeze as I push and lock my left arm, left turns is a little trickier as during that right hand push, the throttle comes into play.

Any tips from those who have experienced the "instability" and turning issues, I would certainly appreciate.

Just came back from a 18 day trip to Sturgis and back. 4000miles. Little trouble going up the mountains above 10k and against the wind but what a beautiful trip.

View attachment 29633

Another first post!
Welcome to TT!ThumbUp

Hello FLRT folks! Traded in my Road King for a new Vivid Black Freewheeler. I am still getting used to it obviously, but it is fun to ride for sure. I seem to feel it is a little unstable in certain situations, but maybe that's the nature of the beast. I'm a tall guy at 6'7" and had to make a few mods right out of the box.

Took her up some winding mountain roads last weekend and still not sure how fast I can make those curves. I was pulling over quite a bit to let others pass of course. I just felt like she was going to tip. Right turns are a breeze as I push and lock my left arm, left turns is a little trickier as during that right hand push, the throttle comes into play.

Any tips from those who have experienced the "instability" and turning issues, I would certainly appreciate.

Welcome to TT!ThumbUp

Practice, practice, practice. More you ride it the more you will become comfortable on it. I can tell you that I can go through tight corners faster than on my FLRT then most two wheel riders can.

Turns and Tipping Over

I traded my Road King for a vivid black Freewheeler and felt a little weird about not leaning into the turns and also experienced the fear of tipping over. I went to the sporting goods store, bought a four pack of little orange cones and took them to the parking lot of a movie theater down the street early one morning. I did some figure 8's and sharp turns around the cones. I even rode around in circles. It helped me because there wasn't any traffic, I didn't have to worry about missing a curve, scraping a rear fender or running off into a ditch. I am sure it can be tipped over but I realized that it is going to take more than a sharp turn on my part.

My Freewheeler is my 5th Harley, first trike so I had to rethink my riding. I told myself I am riding a TRIKE not a MOTORCYCLE. I still have a lot to learn but I am having fun and doing things at my own pace.

Ride safe and have fun.

Way to go LadyonaMission!

I traded my Road King for a vivid black Freewheeler and felt a little weird about not leaning into the turns and also experienced the fear of tipping over. I went to the sporting goods store, bought a four pack of little orange cones and took them to the parking lot of a movie theater down the street early one morning. I did some figure 8's and sharp turns around the cones. I even rode around in circles. It helped me because there wasn't any traffic, I didn't have to worry about missing a curve, scraping a rear fender or running off into a ditch. I am sure it can be tipped over but I realized that it is going to take more than a sharp turn on my part.

My Freewheeler is my 5th Harley, first trike so I had to rethink my riding. I told myself I am riding a TRIKE not a MOTORCYCLE. I still have a lot to learn but I am having fun and doing things at my own pace.

Ride safe and have fun.

It was very hard for me to move from my Heritage Softtail to my Freewheeler. I have the Rider backrest and it made me think. Make the bike come to me. Pull, not push. I really miss the lean, but that is a small price to pay for stability!

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheeza
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png