Harley Freewheeler Trike Owners Thread

Santa did good this year...My first ride! She is getting her spa treatment today and will hopefully come home before Christmas with lots of shiny bling.

She's a 2016 Black Quartz.

Congrats! And since it's your first post............

WELCOME TO TT!ThumbUp

Like this forum

Diggin this forum . like that freewheeler has its own section . have a 2016 on order . trying to learn as much as I can from other owners . with this format I don't have to wade through majority of postings about tri glide to find freewheeler posts . good job to whoever laid it out like this*

Welcome aboard. congrats on the new trike. The forum Owner "Bazooka" is the one you are noting for the good deed.

2015 Freewheeler now over 1000 miles...

I have a Spyder 2014 RTs that is fantastic, I also just picked up a 2015 Freewheeler that I now have just under 500 miles. Going from the Spyder to the Freewheeler was dramatic. The FW is a harder ride, sooner or later I'll get the hang of it, learning how to adjust the air shocks for a better ride.

What he FW has that the Spyder doesn't is those throaty pipes...

I love the sporty ride of the FW, although the comfort features of the Spyder, mainly the windshield, needs to be on the FW. I purchased the detachable windshield, back support, bumper, however, small subtle changes were more beneficial to me, adding later, a right side foot guard ( I melted a boot on the pipes ) oh, the right side pushes more heat as the pipes are there, so adding the heat deflector moves and distributes the heat away from the crotch and leg, but still the heat is softer but still there.
Even with the windshield, air rushes from either side, and through the forks hitting your chest center mass, making cold rides requiring better ideas for cold riding gear. I wear ATTGATT, and a full face and 1/2 helmets but always with safety gear. I am looking to add additional lighting but neither Harley nor are there aftermarket light bars for passing lights, studying my options... I probably will sell the Spyder as I see me riding the FW more...

Now with 1000 miles under my belt, it was time to dress it up a bit.

I purchased with detachable windshield, rear bumper, driver backrest... Since then I added a road king light bar, installs without any modification, then added cobra 4.5" side lights, added LED front and rear turn signal lighting, added luggage rack with LED center light. Adding changing out stock pipes for Vance & Hines 4.5" pipes. Things to remember, if you over use the reverse gear, you might blow the circuits and have to reset the trip circuit under the cover on the right side, simple pull breaker. Adding 36 lbs to rear shocks really improves the ride. More additions - Adding boom audio cruiser windshield mounted kit 76321-90A. Because the pipes are routed to the right side, heat on your legs could be a problem, I added a heat deflector to this side only, it's available for both sides. Added passenger back rest, but use more like a sissy bar minus the seat rest. The 1000 mile maintenance is worth the price, umm, I shopped storage at 3 Harley dealerships and was surprised to see storage from$99.00 to $379.00 which included an oil change, battery tender supplied, and a bike wash. As the bike has linked braking for front and rear, I rarely use right handle brake. HOG membership is a fantastic way to make connections and their monthly rides...

I alway check eBay for available accessories before buying direct from Harley. I'll keep you posted, as I plan on a lot of rides in Michigan and to the south, my favorite rides in TN. Mountains....

Before I pick up my freewheeler i plan have dealer install *, v&h slip ons , luggage rack , passenger backrest , fairing , *and rear bumper . will reuse passenger backrest pad from my roadking that I'm trading in . will purchase a mustang from a source I found on this forum . talked to mustang today and they said my driver backrest will work on new seat . after first service will change pipes to v&h power duals , change intake , and add tuner . considering adding a set of lowers . will see how the war department cooperates with my plans . I just hope that when I die she doesn't sell it for what I will tell *her i have into it .*

Our 44' toy hauler

_20160109_084757.JPG our home away from home . it has a 14' toy box , room for all . looking forward to spring.*

Last edited:
I can't believe she's all mine!

Trixie.jpg

"Trixie" is home after her makeover. :pepper: I still need a passenger backrest and I want to add a light bar to the front for now... I'm sure more will follow!

Nathan.jpg

My grandson loves her just as much as I do!! One day he will be old enough to take a ride with me. :cool:

I don't have much 2 wheel driving experience so the 'transition' to 3 wheels for me is practically non existent. Hubby on the other hand leaned through the first curve in the road..don't think he will be on her very often. :Angel:

Can't speak for the other guy, but I am 6ft with 34" inseam and 170lbs. I took my wifes new Freewheeler out for a short spin and did feel a little cramped. If the seat was replaced with Triglide or Streetglide standard seat, believe it would fit like a glove. Footboards and dimensions from neck to box are the same as a TG/SGXXX; the box is shorter. The seat is more like the ReducedReach Harley seats. My wife, who you see in the picture in this thread, is 5' 3" and has short legs (feet do not touch the ground if she tries to walk the trike) and you can see in the picture that she is "up on the tank". Hope this helps.
View attachment 22723

I am 4'11" with super short legs and purchased the reach seat. I could reach the handlebars with the stock seat but my arms were straight and I was leaning forward a bit. The new seat allows me to bend my elbows and sit comfortably. I do sit right on top of the tank, but I have no problem reaching anything now. My hubby cannot fit in the new seat, he looks like an adult on a child's trike..haahaa. He put the stock seat from his RoadKing on for a test ride and it was much better for him.

my new baby girl-2016 Freewheeler

I just got my new baby, named her Norma Rose after a pal in NC, on New Years Eve. Had the stealership put a couple of things on but I put the luggage rack on myself-after this pic was taken haha (easy if you are thinking you can not do it, it is SO EASY!). I had a 2011 883 Super Low before, "Flo" was her name, and I loved that bike, but had wanted a trike for a long time. Wanted the Triglide, but I am not that wealthy, so went for the Freewheeler. Oh she is fun, fun, FUN!:pepper: Looking forward to adding some more candy to her and really making her mine and REALLY looking forward to getting past the 500 mile break in so I can get out there on the open road and open her up and go. Any other trikers here in DFW area? Come on, lets' go trikein' peeps! :p

Attachments

• normarosehd.jpeg
    normarosehd.jpeg
    173.1 KB · Views: 230
Now with 1000 miles under my belt, it was time to dress it up a bit.

I purchased with detachable windshield, rear bumper, driver backrest... Since then I added a road king light bar, installs without any modification, then added cobra 4.5" side lights, added LED front and rear turn signal lighting, added luggage rack with LED center light. Adding changing out stock pipes for Vance & Hines 4.5" pipes. Things to remember, if you over use the reverse gear, you might blow the circuits and have to reset the trip circuit under the cover on the right side, simple pull breaker. Adding 36 lbs to rear shocks really improves the ride. More additions - Adding boom audio cruiser windshield mounted kit 76321-90A. Because the pipes are routed to the right side, heat on your legs could be a problem, I added a heat deflector to this side only, it's available for both sides. Added passenger back rest, but use more like a sissy bar minus the seat rest. The 1000 mile maintenance is worth the price, umm, I shopped storage at 3 Harley dealerships and was surprised to see storage from$99.00 to $379.00 which included an oil change, battery tender supplied, and a bike wash. As the bike has linked braking for front and rear, I rarely use right handle brake. HOG membership is a fantastic way to make connections and their monthly rides...

I alway check eBay for available accessories before buying direct from Harley. I'll keep you posted, as I plan on a lot of rides in Michigan and to the south, my favorite rides in TN. Mountains....

Lowering the rear tire air pressure to 20-22 psi helps make the ride much smoother. I run 22 psi.

I just got my new baby, named her Norma Rose after a pal in NC, on New Years Eve. Had the stealership put a couple of things on but I put the luggage rack on myself-after this pic was taken haha (easy if you are thinking you can not do it, it is SO EASY!). I had a 2011 883 Super Low before, "Flo" was her name, and I loved that bike, but had wanted a trike for a long time. Wanted the Triglide, but I am not that wealthy, so went for the Freewheeler. Oh she is fun, fun, FUN!:pepper: Looking forward to adding some more candy to her and really making her mine and REALLY looking forward to getting past the 500 mile break in so I can get out there on the open road and open her up and go. Any other trikers here in DFW area? Come on, lets' go trikein' peeps! :p

We bought an identical (Velocity Red Sunglo) Freewheeler a couple of months ago at Fort Worth Harley. It's a beautiful machine and a whole lot of fun. We're located in Weatherford, so if you're ever out this way give us a shout.

New Pistures

Took a little ride. Cold so did not go far.

Attachments

• new trike 1.jpg
    new trike 1.jpg
    771.2 KB · Views: 352
  • trike 2.jpg
    trike 2.jpg
    766.1 KB · Views: 346
  • trike 3.jpg
    trike 3.jpg
    646.5 KB · Views: 356
New Free Wheeler on Order!

I'm excited and nervous. Hi I'm new here. My husband and me have ridden for years. He rides a Fatboy and I have had numerous bikes the latest a Deluxe. I had a bad accident and was laid up for 3 months a couple years ago and have not been able to shake my anxiety on the bike. I barely rode last season and for the most part with way too much tension. I was so depressed. I thought riding a trike wouldn't be a motorcycle until I saw the Free Wheeler. So I decided to buy her since I couldn't imagine not riding!!

She is coming in a gorgeous velocity red and all chromed up.

Will post a photo in a couple weeks.

Any ladies out there riding a Free Wheeler?

anyway .. back with photos when she arrives:D:D:clapping:

Glad to have you new Texas trike riders aboard. Hope to see you at our Hill Country Get-Together in the Fall.

Welcome to our site,Bucky! You're gonna love your new trike.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LTCBB77
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png