Harley Freewheeler Trike Owners Thread

Wow!! The new Cobra 909's slip-on's really sound great (louder and more throaty) compared to the stock mufflers (which were too quiet) on my 2017 Freewheeler with the M8 motor. Also, the Legend lift-kit and the Legend Revo shocks made the steering unbelievable, what a welcome change. Cornering now is much, much easier than with the stock air-shocks and no lift-kit. Amazing how easy it is now to steer!!! The push & pull is so easy now, I could actually do it with one hand. hahaha The new shocks absorb rough roads really well. Also, impressed with the Custom Dynamics LED's for Headlight/turn signals too... Very bright so folks will see me coming now. And the BAL (brightasslights) taillights are unbelievable. Folks behind me now will see me and know when i'm braking or turning. Glad I decided to go with the smoked lens on all the LED lighting, makes the bike look sharp especially with the new light-tinted Freedom re-curve windshield. Truly enjoy making the bike look like the way I want it to look. I don't have any reservations on changing over to a Trike!!! :LooksGreat:

I think I'm going to give the Legend lift-kit and the Legend Revo shocks a try on my 17 freewheeler. Easier steering is just what I need. Is this something you can do yourself? How much higher does it lift the seat from the ground? Thanks! Love my smoked led lighting too. Ron

I think I introduced myself on another thread but I couldn't find it again. Anyhow I am an old busted up carpenter that just had a new hip installed and am questioning whether I should give up 2 wheels after nearly 50 years. I seriously considered buying a Freewheeler a few weeks ago but I decided to wait and rent one first as I need a shoulder replacement also but I dont want to miss the summer riding season. But I can't find anyone that rents one only the Triglide so I have to do some searching this spring as Ohio's season is only 6 months long.

riding in the rain

I am waiting on feedback on how it does in the rain with the short front fender and the bobtailed rears...The Freewheeler does have the cool factor going for it...I can see it with a crash bar and lowers...

I love riding mine in the rain. I use it daily to commute 48 miles a day all weather but ice.

Hi, Danna.....Welcome to Trike-Talk......:wave4:I'm almost thinking living in that part of the Country ,If you don't ride in the rain ,You wound't be riding to much...:Shrug:

Back in 65 i spent 10 years one year North of you in Tacoma :AGGHH:

I kinda like the look and sound of my Screaming Eagle Canons on the Freewheeler.... Enough to get you noticed... not enough to wake up the wife on a late night out ;)

pipes.png

I kinda like the look and sound of my Screaming Eagle Canons on the Freewheeler.... Enough to get you noticed... not enough to wake up the wife on a late night out ;)

View attachment 56295

Could you tell me about your light on the trunk? Is it just a brake light? I want to mount 1 back there, but haven't decided on just running/brake or with turn signals too.

Where did you run the wiring to?

Could you tell me about your light on the trunk? Is it just a brake light? I want to mount 1 back there, but I have decided just running/brake or with turn signals too.

Where did you run the wiring to?

Sorry to disappoint.... It is not a light, just the flash reflection. It is the stock HD Reflector Assembly (P/N 67900198 - Ref Pg 233 of the 2017 HD Parts Catalog). Bad Dad Sells a nice LED in that scale/size for baggers that I am adapting to a pair of fenders I am making. They are a little pricey, but I like the shape They sell them in pairs but perhaps you could talk them into a single. Here it is:

Bad Dad Tail lights.png

As far as running a wire, you could tie in to the brake lights and run a small plastic conduit flex line through the trunk to keep the installation clean and out of harms way...it would take a little doing, but could be done and made to look OEM. I would leave it to others smarter than me to advise about electrical load balancing and such on these new bikes. The newest thing I had before this was a FLH/CLE Shovelhead...It was easy to doll up :)

Sorry to disappoint.... It is not a light, just the flash reflection. It is the stock HD Reflector Assembly (P/N 67900198 - Ref Pg 233 of the 2017 HD Parts Catalog). Bad Dad Sells a nice LED in that scale/size for baggers that I am adapting to a pair of fenders I am making. They are a little pricey, but I like the shape They sell them in pairs but perhaps you could talk them into a single. Here it is:

View attachment 56306

As far as running a wire, you could tie in to the brake lights and run a small plastic conduit flex line through the trunk to keep the installation clean and out of harms way...it would take a little doing, but could be done and made to look OEM. I would leave it to others smarter than me to advise about electrical load balancing and such on these new bikes. The newest thing I had before this was a FLH/CLE Shovelhead...It was easy to doll up :)

Thanks , but I have it norrowed down to a couple led's. I can't afford anything that place sells.

I was just curious what other people have done. I did a thread on mounting a light there, but no one responded. I thought it would be a popular mod, but apparently not.

Thanks , but I have it norrowed down to a couple led's. I can't afford anything that place sells.

I was just curious what other people have done. I did a thread on mounting a light there, but no one responded. I thought it would be a popular mod, but apparently not.

I will look for it. For me it may be a necessity as I am putting wide tires on the Freewheeler and am looking for options for brake/directional signal lighting.

View attachment 56306

Jeff, you could run the wires behind the trunk liner, and back up the front of the trunk

There you will see a plastic plug held in place by 2 allens, remove it and run your wires up and under the seat area you should be able to tie into the rear taillight wire harness there

Jeff, you could run the wires behind the trunk liner, and back up the front of the trunk

There you will see a plastic plug held in place by 2 allens, remove it and run your wires up and under the seat area you should be able to tie into the rear taillight wire harness there

Thanks! Very much appreciated. The trike and I are still "getting acquainted" as we have only been together for a couple of weeks (just broke 100 miles over the weekend). Haven't gotten too deep into the workings yet. Just got my parts and service books from HD MoCo for a bargain price of $168. But it is a good investment as it will help me with the trike in the long run.

Thanks again

Exhaust Help

I'm looking for an exhaust for my 2015 freewheeler. What's everyone got? I'm also trying to find websites that have sound clips so I can hear something before I invest in it. Vanes and Hines app never works. I've only heard the Cobra RPT.

Take a look at the S&S Products They move the catalytic converter to the mufflers to improve heat issues for the rider. I have screaming Eagle Cannons on mine...sounds great, but the cat converter is right under your right heel. It emits a LOT of radiant heat in city driving. I am looking at the S&S system as a possible improvement.

I'm looking for an exhaust for my 2015 freewheeler. What's everyone got? I'm also trying to find websites that have sound clips so I can hear something before I invest in it. Vanes and Hines app never works. I've only heard the Cobra RPT.

Joe, check You Tube for sound bites

You can gut your stock mufflers pretty easy and put your own baffles in cheap if you like

I gutted my 15 and my M8

Like the color

Hi..... Just adding my 2cents like the color. :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

:clapping::clapping: Mine is of course black.....Dragon .jpg

Got this '17 FW in late Feb. of 2018, it had 500 miles on it....now it has 3,500.

Add-ons consist of a rear bumper, luggage rack, passenger backrest, Bitubo Twin adjust shocks, Progressive Monotube Asymetric fork mod, Memphis Shades Batwing fairing w/recurve light smoked shield and a Kuryakyn extended foot brake lever.

Oops, and JES fork mounted wind deflectors, and home grown fender bras made of TecSpec Snake Skin.

I'm always the guy with the dirty wheels, living on a dirt road and all, it bugs me but not much I can do about it.

My wife & I take it for Friday pizza night and the occasional local short ride...the rest of the time I'm doing errands or just enjoying the Upper Hudson Valley, NY local blacktop.

Figuring on covering about 6,000 - 7,000 with it this summer, I absolutely love it!

IMG_2205.jpg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Astro5150

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Astro5150
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png