Harley Freewheeler Trike Owners Thread

Freewheeler Owners Check-In Thread

Thought I would bring this over here from H-D Forums.

Hey just thought I'd start a little thread for those who have purchased, and want to register here, their ownership of Harley's new Freewheeler model. Participation is up to you, I think it would be fun to see who has the lowest VIN number out there and what percentage are Vivid Black, Superior Blue, and Amber Whiskey. (Has anyone seen an Amber Whiskey in the wild yet?) Let's try to stay on topic of 1) Name (or forum name if you wish), 2) City or state you reside in, 3) Color, and 4) VIN number (last six digits only). I'll start below.
icon_pumpking.gif

icon_beerchug.gif

- - - Updated - - -

FLRT
Crystal Lake, Illinois
Superior Blue

IMG_1686.jpg

Re: Freewheeler Owners Check-In Thread

Screwball & Springman, looking good! Thanks for coming over and re-posting. ThumbUp

screwball can you post a pic of where your engine guard bolted up . and the dealer told me i needed a bracket for the dampener which i got but doesnt look like the top hole in the engine guard goes up to the bolt that holds the dampener. If this made any sense what so ever lol.

screwball can you post a pic of where your engine guard bolted up . and the dealer told me i needed a bracket for the dampener which i got but doesnt look like the top hole in the engine guard goes up to the bolt that holds the dampener. If this made any sense what so ever lol.

Ask and ye will receive. I should take pictures while I'm doing this stuff, but most of the time it starts on impulse. The Linby bars I'm using were originally on my '08 Ultra. I moved them to the '09 Tri-Glide, then to the Freewheeler. The 'arms' bolted directly to the threaded holes already on the frame. They are covered with plastic plugs from the factory. I drilled out the caged bolt on the top bracket, enlarged the hole then cut a notch from the top of the bracket to the enlarged hole. Then I took out the hex screw that holds the steering damper in place, put a large washer on it, then slid the notched hole under the washer. While I was in a fabricating mood I never liked the way the backrest sat. The bar that supports the backrest is the same one used on Ultras and Tri-Glides. Both have a seat that is 2 or 3 inches thicker, so the rest sits up too high. I took the pad off, used a Dremel cutoff tool to cut the adjusting bracket off the arm. Moved it down so the top sits where the bottom used to be and welded it back on. then I cut the top of the bar. Now, the backrest sits where it should.... in my opinion of course.....

Good Luck with your mods, the Linby Mustache bars make great highway pegs and the backrest looks a lot better.

Attachments

• 20141111_131455 (2).jpg
    20141111_131455 (2).jpg
    825.1 KB · Views: 272
  • 20141111_131345 - Copy (2).jpg
    20141111_131345 - Copy (2).jpg
    517.9 KB · Views: 266
Got a black FW on Nov 1. Traded my 13 TG. Had a 11 TG before that. The FW is perfect IMO. A back to basics hot rod. Has reverse and cruise. That's all I want.

Psycho, that is exactly how I felt, back to basics. Went from a really fun to ride Dyna to an Ultra then a Tri-Glide. Wife and I 'upgraded' to the bigger touring bikes because we thought we needed the storage for our long rides. We had toured all over the south-west on my Dyna and her nightrain. All we needed was carried in T-Bags bungeed to the back of the bikes. When the first 'sneak preview' pictures of the Freewheeler came out I just had to have one. I'm pretty sure I got the first one on these boards. Wife will probably be trading her '11 Tri-Glide for a 'Free' in another year or two. The trunk is plenty big enough for daily breakfast runs, when we head off into the sunset I'll have my T-Bag bungeed to the sissy bar, just like the fun old days.

Ask and ye will receive. I should take pictures while I'm doing this stuff, but most of the time it starts on impulse. The Linby bars I'm using were originally on my '08 Ultra. I moved them to the '09 Tri-Glide, then to the Freewheeler. The 'arms' bolted directly to the threaded holes already on the frame. They are covered with plastic plugs from the factory. I drilled out the caged bolt on the top bracket, enlarged the hole then cut a notch from the top of the bracket to the enlarged hole. Then I took out the hex screw that holds the steering damper in place, put a large washer on it, then slid the notched hole under the washer. While I was in a fabricating mood I never liked the way the backrest sat. The bar that supports the backrest is the same one used on Ultras and Tri-Glides. Both have a seat that is 2 or 3 inches thicker, so the rest sits up too high. I took the pad off, used a Dremel cutoff tool to cut the adjusting bracket off the arm. Moved it down so the top sits where the bottom used to be and welded it back on. then I cut the top of the bar. Now, the backrest sits where it should.... in my opinion of course.....

Good Luck with your mods, the Linby Mustache bars make great highway pegs and the backrest looks a lot better.

hate to bother you where are the plastic caps for the bottom of the engine guard to bolt in to . and the bracket they sold me I won't need that because it looks like i don't have to remove the dampener right? it bolts in to the cross bar below that

hate to bother you where are the plastic caps for the bottom of the engine guard to bolt in to . and the bracket they sold me I won't need that because it looks like i don't have to remove the dampener right? it bolts in to the cross bar below that

lol never mind i found them .. why wouldn't the engine guard come with the bolts to go into the frame. and i did find out looks like i need the bracket they sold me .

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png