Harley Freewheeler Trike Owners Thread

I was looking at the Freewheeler last Thursday, Seriously thinking of getting one, But when I go out for a Pizza run' How do I carry the Pie home?. It just fits in my T/G's top box...No way will it fit the F/W...
Decisions, Decisions...:Shrug:

I was looking at the Freewheeler last Thursday, Seriously thinking of getting one, But when I go out for a Pizza run' How do I carry the Pie home?. It just fits in my T/G's top box...No way will it fit the F/W...
Decisions, Decisions...:Shrug:

Adding on that rear luggage rack should do it (unless of coarse you buy the KING size pie)...
:clapping:

i have the original seat and its the adjustable rider rest for tri glide. the backrest doesnt exactly fit under the seat and the black support for the backrest sticks out a lot. Also not sure it won't mess up the seat i mean tear it . But what I was told this is the only thing for the freewheeler. number is 52423-09a

i have the original seat and its the adjustable rider rest for tri glide. the backrest doesnt exactly fit under the seat and the black support for the backrest sticks out a lot. Also not sure it won't mess up the seat i mean tear it . But what I was told this is the only thing for the freewheeler. number is 52423-09a

I am told that the adjustable rider rest mount is 54099-10 and a compatible rider rest would be 52501-09A. I want a rider rest; but, I also want a different seat as I think the stock and the current HD Sundowner are not to my liking (or, at least my butt's liking....) I kind of decided to see if HD or someone offers an alternate - I would really like one that comes with heat (live in Ohio). I love the HD air-cushion seats for the Touring models. But, the Freeheeler hasn't made the boat on that line as of this posting......

I wrote emails to both Corbin and Saddleman on the Freewheeler; Corbin replied by that the model was not supported at this time and Saddlemam never replied at all... That was sort of disappointing.

Also, I am hoping HD will maybe step up and expand their line a bit. I am sure they will offer more for the Freewheeler next year, as they sell more and continue the model on. It just that my butt and lower back will continue to nag me for a few more miles......

Springman

just put bumper on wifes freewheeler i like it.

Yes, I too got one. When looking at one before I bought, I was advise to get this from a dealer who damaged a Freewheeler using the reverse on the show room floor to position the tike...

Being my first trike and I having no really experience on one for myself (I did pilot a Servicar for a short jaunt some 26+ years ago), I thought it a very sound suggestion....

BTW: I have successfully trip the reverse circuit twice now :blush::blush::blush:!

Springman

When you use reverse you do not want to be on the brake at all. Engage reverse and let off the button and let drift .... THEN apply the brake. Now shift into first to get out of reverse mode.

Drifting lets the engagement mechanism come up off the drive gear. If you brake and then let off the button it will not disengage from the gear properly.

Bob :Dorag:

Remember the eclectic Reverse is'' A reverse ''Assist'' hold it too long and most likely you'll trip the circuit breaker, And worst case having to repair or rebuild the motor..
New reverse motors cost anywhere from 13 to 15 hundred $ Do a search you'll get an eye full...

http://alternatorsandstartersnj.com/ can rebuild the reverse motors. Or you can go for a dedicated reverse in your tranny by several different vendors. I would NEVER opt for purchasing a new electric reverse motor from HD.

Bob

Yep, Found them last March, Took the motor to them [off the Trike] And in about a half hour and 95 Dollars it was rebuilt..ThumbUp
I can't tell how many rebuilders I went to and they all said they can't do it...

Middlesex took one look at it and said hang on we'll do it while you wait.. They put all new parts in it..
FYI The motor is an Hitachi...

Stage one done

There are no mufflers around for the freewheeler unless you like them sticking out 3 inches which I did not want. To be able to do the stage one correctly I needed to get the vance and hines headers from harley they fit the regular trike.

It sounds pretty nice now and it isn't to loud, I'd say that it has a little more pep and it seems to run better. No tuner just the download from harley. Now I don't have to look for slip ons and the cat is gone.

We have 1200 mi on the freewheeler and the wife loves it. I had her on the dyne and she didn't feel as safe. She been on it 900 of the 1200mi.

I have the windshield,backrest and luggage rack- we love it

Guys, Do we have the actual part numbers for the drive back rest and mount from HD?

Springman

PS - GREAT PIC!

Contact http://www.betterbuiltbackrests.com/
Tim Rivera....he did one for my Street Glide (FLHXXX) trike and it's the best!
And the good thing? Only $85, including the mount. Adjustable mount, and fits perfect. He has two heights (for pillow top seats and standard seats). Ordering one for my wife's new FreeWheeler for Christmas. Check him out...you'll like the deal.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png