Harley Freewheeler Trike Owners Thread

Freewheeler cruising speed

Hi I was wondering... how fast do you cruise on your Freewheeler?

I'm not asking how fast can you go...

what speed are you comfortable cruising at? 50? 60? 70?

I find anything over 60 is like wrestling a steer

Thanks

I'm comfortable at cruising up to 75 mph. I spend most of the time at about 68 mph on Interstates though. Better fuel range than at 75.

Hi I was wondering... how fast do you cruise on your Freewheeler?

I'm not asking how fast can you go...

what speed are you comfortable cruising at? 50? 60? 70?

I find anything over 60 is like wrestling a steer

Thanks

I just did a 600 mile round trip from northern NM through southern CO...The speed limit on the interstate is mostly 75 except through mountain areas. I kept it around 75, pushed it up to 80 occasionally. I feel "comfortable" actually going that speed but as far as actual comfort....There is a very strong updraft and when I rode through "high gusty wind" areas it was pretty bad. The trike was great, held steady but things were pretty blurry with me being shaken around so much! After this trip, I'm considering the deflectors as well. That said, I'd like to avoid the interstates as much as possible...I did take a side trip through a mountain area, fastest was 55 and I felt comfortable. But that takes some planning, and this was a spur-of-the moment trip. I'm interested in an update when you get the deflectors :)

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats!! They are fun. I just got the Black Quartz 2016. I had the windshield you are talking about and it was kind of flimsy. I ended up buying a Freedom Shields replacement. The 18" or 20" are more fitting. The people over there are very good to work with. Good luck!

I have the Black Quartz, too. :) Came with the 16" windshield; on a recent trip worked great at sending the (dead) bugs flying over my head; only a few small ones hit my face shield. Also did well at deflecting (some) rain during a sudden storm. The updraft is pretty strong, however...will a different windshield make a difference or is that something for fork wind deflectors?

Cruise MPH

Most of this trip was interstate and set the cruise control on 70 and left it there. Any faster and gas mileage took a dump. Nice smooth ride two up with the gear we are loaded with. ENJOY!!!

SoCal Freewheeler checking in for the first time

Got my friend "Otis" October 2014. Just found this Forum. Have 29,000 miles on odometer now.

Otis at sunrise best copy 4.jpg

Attachments

• Otis at sunrise best copy.jpg
    Otis at sunrise best copy.jpg
    606.8 KB · Views: 366
Light bar

Hello, did you ever find a light bar that fits the Freewheeler?
View attachment 32492
"Trixie" is home after her makeover. :pepper: I still need a passenger backrest and I want to add a light bar to the front for now... I'm sure more will follow!
View attachment 32493
My grandson loves her just as much as I do!! One day he will be old enough to take a ride with me. :cool:
I don't have much 2 wheel driving experience so the 'transition' to 3 wheels for me is practically non existent. Hubby on the other hand leaned through the first curve in the road..don't think he will be on her very often. :Angel:

different mufflers

Something to consider if anyone is thinking of changing the mufflers on the Freewheeler, The original muffs are 3" shorter than standard Touring slip-ons . I doubt there is much of a choice out there as yet.
They match the 3" shorter trunk.

My guy put slip ons on my AnnieO, and it doesn't look weird with the bumper adding some length to the trunk. :clapping:

Attachments

• 20160910_190013 (3).jpg
    20160910_190013 (3).jpg
    585.7 KB · Views: 336
My guy put slip ons on my AnnieO, and it doesn't look weird with the bumper adding some length to the trunk. :clapping:

Cobra came out with slip-ons that are the proper length for the shortened box. They have a nice low tone and don't get loud as RPM's go up. I have 8K on them and am happy. - Russ

Pick up my 2015 Freewheeler to day! Amber whisky with 441 miles on it; with the right Harley add ons!
Great price for a like new FLRT!:clapping:

Hello and welcome! Great choice of color ThumbUp that's some low miles...great find!! Enjoy the new ride and post some pictures soon :pepper:

Thought I would bring this over here from H-D Forums.

Hey just thought I'd start a little thread for those who have purchased, and want to register here, their ownership of Harley's new Freewheeler model. Participation is up to you, I think it would be fun to see who has the lowest VIN number out there and what percentage are Vivid Black, Superior Blue, and Amber Whiskey. (Has anyone seen an Amber Whiskey in the wild yet?) Let's try to stay on topic of 1) Name (or forum name if you wish), 2) City or state you reside in, 3) Color, and 4) VIN number (last six digits only). I'll start below.
icon_pumpking.gif

icon_beerchug.gif

- - - Updated - - -

FLRT
Crystal Lake, Illinois
Superior Blue

View attachment 23311
Nice, I traded mine for The M8, not looking back tho I like the Blue, The Silver I have not had yet So here is to Silver, I have spare parts that do not fit the M8

Last edited:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png