• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

CSC Low Rider

Reaction score
I have a 2002 gold wing with a 2013 CSC XL kit. We were heading to Arkansas on vacation when the trike turned into a low rider. We did hear some pinging when going over bumps,but thought it was maybe the trailer/chains making noise. It seemed that the windshield was getting taller. Anyway thankfully we were being followed by another couple that said smoke was coming from our trike. To make a long story short the shock broke and slowly lowered itself to the ground. Has anyone else ever experienced a broken shock? Thank God it is still under warranty. Luckily I had a back up and we were still able to go on vacation.

We had a similar problem on my wife's 07 Harley FXST standard. The shock rod broke while traveling on I-110 through Baton Rouge. Everything to repair it was covered. I was pleasently surprised to find her bike had a 3 year warrenty from CSC. Bikes and Trikes in West Monroe did the conversion and Steve ( the owner) has been the best when it comes to giving customer satisfaction.

Sorry for the problems,but at least ya'll didn't have to cancel your trip. RIDE SAFE

We just bought a GW with a CSC kit, after I got it home I noticed it seemed to be sitting very low over the tires. I pulled the trunk off and found the eye had unscrewed off the shock letting the suspension bottom out. I called CSC and talked with Shawn and had a new shock in 3 days. He was very helpful and emailed a couple of times just to make sure I didn`t have any questions or problems. I had read their customer service was great and I will agree.

CSC now has Kevlar lined shock rod ends available to retrofit any old shocks that are squeaking. If your CSC suspension squeaks, first torque the sway bar end link bolts to 30 ft lbs and if that doesn't fix the problem replace the shcok rod ends. If not, your shock will eventually fail as it is in a bind.

In 2014, CSC went to a JRI shock which uses a oil impregnated bushing that eliminates the above completely. The JRI shock will not fit older a-arms.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png