Anyone else?

I have not had much time lately.
Other than a lot of work, my girlie started S.T.E.M. school. She has the math, engineering and physics handled. But I have had to help her along in robotics and learning to program in java. It has been hard, she is making me feel old.

For those who ask.

The red parts are the pieces of the original Honda frame that are left.

Also from the original bike.

Seat pan

Fan motor

Bottom triple tree

Side covers

Brake pedal

Sometimes the trunk

20151007_171957_zpschwfzlxy.jpg

Match weight balancing the engine parts.

I guess I got good parts. Nothing is more than 0.8g different in weight. So matching up part weights I get all the piston ,rod, pin, and ring assemblies all within 0.4g

As I understand, a full high rpm race engine is 0.1g and a street fighter engine is 1g , so I should be good to go.

Now to send the crank out to get dynamic balancing.

Anyone know a good balance shop in the south?

I don't have the equipment.

20150109_163134_zpscvpylrqu.jpg

Pulled the drive extension down and checked the bearing.

All this seems fine. Still like i built it years ago.

20151011_151952_zpsflhvdxbj.jpg

Did a little more machine shop time on the cylinder spacers. Only final grinding to thickness left. Wont know that number untill the short block is together.

20151011_152743_zpsgx8rwaww.jpg

Yeah..... I keep getting lost down that "while i am doing this I might as well do that too" never ending road.

I always thought with all aftermarket parts for vw, someone would come up with a more efficient head design. Sorta like the change that made harleys run better.

Many aftermarket heads for vw.
Anything that is a massive "redesign" does not have enough cooling fin area to be usable for a street engine.
These are mofoco 050 heads. Full tilt street heads. Wont even fit on a "stock" engine. Valves wont fit into the bore.

Yea I'm not a motor guy, but I think they changed the combustion chamber to pull the valves down so they aren't so shrouded by the head. And they could up the compression. Motorcycles seem to have made this transition early in the 1980s. I'm only interested in the fuel mileage,but power improvements seem 2 go with it. I like 2see better than the 27 mpg I'm getting now.

Still best to keep the combustion in the head.
There is a set up out there that does what you are talking about.
Air cooled net has a set of pistons called super squishies. Roughly speaking, pop ups that profile the chamber very close. Super critical cam timing and clearance setting, but do work if you get it right.

Still the old wedge still gets it done with flat tops and squish pads.

Now if it was watercooled and heat control was not an issue. ............

The key to that is gettin it right. For me that would b,well here's the box with the new parts,I'll just boltum on an we're outta here. Doesn't sound like a workable solution for this ol boy.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fredmarkley5050#gmail.com

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fredmarkley5050#gmail.com
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png