Anyone else?

The gas tank is welded, pressure tested and touched up on the welds.

Putting the sealer coating on it now.

Next will be all the external sanding and body filler to smooth it out.

15098004869060.jpg

The rear fenders are complete, sand blasted and a light coat of primer. So they are ready for paint.

I had blasted and prepped the front fender but did not have the primer so it rusted again. Gotta re prep it, but raining today so sandblasting won't happen.

Ok....not a lot of new.

Adjusting on the program, working the fuel in.

Leaned down a lot.

Then pulled the piston out of the oil regulator and found a lighter spring.

Now I don't have enough fuel in the program for a cold start. Gotta work on that part now.

But good Lord it will rev like crazy now. It don't sound like a VW anymore.

The gas tank sealer has had its full cure time.

So now to start on the smoothing and finish.

thinking megasquirt sometime down the road......reading up and looking a some vids.....one tidbit i remembered was to have a row of 3 degree advanced timing about 300 rpm below your preferred idle rpm. If idle dropped due to a miss or cold engine, the increased timing would "catch" the engine and keep it running. whoever it was, said chrysler used timing changes to control idle speed along with the usual air/fuel. maybe others do that also...... anyhow thought it was interesting. I suppose when tank is done......it's road test time!!!!

With 12x12 tables and a 7500 rpm engine I don't have much room for an extra below idle cell.

I am catching the idle speed with a pwm 2 wire idle air valve. The throttles are completely shut, no idle speed adjuster screw at all. The MS is doing all the idle control.

It need lots of tuning yet. But everything is open and adjustable in every way imaginable. I am still roughing it in. I do have some of the details working now.

Dual tables. All the same right now but the front can be different than the back.

I am running high res 10 code now.

If/when I upgrade will probably get a ms3 daughter card to plug into my v2.2 board. That would give me 16x16 tables.

Scooter%201_zps5hk6ykqr.jpg

Found that mysteriously missing ground and fixed that today.

Then finished the rear gas tank mount.

The primer not fully ready to sand on yet.

15111297266260.jpg

I had to work on the starter.

It has served me well for a buncha years.

But it was slow even before the current rebuild.

It cranked it bit slow spin and lots of amps.

Commuter and brushes worn heavily.

15113143872300.jpg

I had a junker late style. I don't even remember where it came from.

But it sticks out the side.

Even tryed the other flange off the other one but it did not fit.

15113144076211.jpg

So I dug in my junk pile.

Found my old small shaft 4 brush 12v style (but stamped 6v) armature and field.

This is something that supposedly don't exist.

But I have one. Maybe it is a rewind converted 6v to make it 12v. Who knows?

But it works very good.

I have run a 6v on 12v and it spins quite wild.

This one don't do that. But it is fast, strong and don't pull lots of amps.

Made all the difference to my computer. The old starter pulled so much power it was low volting the cpu

I guess it don't matter that it has 6v stamped on it as long as it has the 12v small bendix and 12v solenoid.

Now I gotta take it back off and clean and paint the outside.

15113144338302.jpg

I'm luv in every post. Great job. I do remember from the old VW days of the converting the 6 volt to a 12 volt. It worked well. Sure wish I was as talented as you are REX. Can't wait till you are done.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
52johnson

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
52johnson
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png