Anyone else?

Just no time lately.

A couple quickie at tuning.

I had gotten closer on the full run.

But lost all the warm up and cold start.

Twiddled with it and think I am getting somewhere. Just not there yet.

15204714965580.jpg

Hopefully have some time this weekend. And hopefully the weather is good. Rainy season here.

Grass already being cut.

15204715341261.jpg

Rode around for a couple hours Saturday morning before the rain got here.

Still tuning on the fuel. I adjust on one thing and loose it somewhere else. But progress overall I suppose. The joys of not having a starting point and starting the program from scratch with calculated guesses.

I have a few issues to work on. Oil hose leak, shift adjustment, ect.

The more I tune on it the more powerful it gets.

But you can drive like a sane person and never even get on the cam.

Sounds like a big block Chevy off cam. Then the whole world stops and spins the other direction when the cam comes in. It don't sound like a vw with a stinger. More motorcycley or high rpm turbo subie sounding. More of a balanced smoother and loud sound.

15207800388540.jpg

15207800624161.jpg

15207800926803.jpg

Looks Badass Rex.:clapping: No doubt the tune is within reach, but beyond my paygrade!:xzqxz:

The only thing that scares me about it is the exposed shift linkage out back. It looks "vulnerable", but if you're careful it probably won't be a problem?

sweet

I have to agree, that is a very nice looking ride, and the work you did, hats off to your work and do enjoy the ride.

That is a Trike, not sure if I need all that engine, but it just looks "mean". I do wonder about my motor and if anything special was done to it, but that will be discovered on another day I am sure. I really enjoy reading your threads and the wealth of information you give to us all. Very Sweet!

The only thing that scares me about it is the exposed shift linkage out back. It looks "vulnerable", but if you're careful it probably won't be a problem?

I figure if someone runs into the back of me.....that the least of my problems is the fact that it inadvertently got put in gear.

And I will be careful not to back into anything.

Hopefully I can get away from anything that looks like it is going to rear end me.

I just realized something from looking at the pics. Do your feet/legs go between the tank and the carbs? Kind of on top of the engine? It could be an optical illusion. If so, does that get a tad warm?

I just realized something from looking at the pics. Do your feet/legs go between the tank and the carbs? Kind of on top of the engine? It could be an optical illusion. If so, does that get a tad warm?

Yes.....and not carbs....lol

And not particularly hot. I had a watercooled honda that was considerably hotter on the legs. It is about the same as any other air cooled bike....Harley for example.

What is different is that at a red light when on a 2 wheel Harley you can put a leg out to hold yourself up. Then switch legs when the other get hot.

But on this you are trapped there...You can not get away from it when not moving. But once moving it is no different than a Harley.

I do not have a current pic with me sat on it.

This pic is many years ago when eldest daughter was a high school teen. The youngest was a toddler and is now the same age.

5289483006_9e2fd38240_o_zpswlhbwjpz.jpg

nice job......looking good from all angles...especially liking the low/front view, showing the diamond shaped top tree and single coil over. you sure took a tiger by the tail when you built this one!:D

When you get that tune dialed in, get more used to the handling, and get more "frisky" it might be a good idea to consider a small bolt on frame extension to keep that linkage off of the asphalt. Maybe with a small wheel for those "unexpected" wheelies? :AGGHH::clapping:

I see it now, your legs don't actually rest on the intake ... and I did miss speak ... should of said air cleaners ... I do remember way back in the beginning of this thread all the info about modding the fuel system ... duh ... even recently when you have discussed the tuning issues. My bad.

When you get that tune dialed in, get more used to the handling, and get more "frisky" it might be a good idea to consider a small bolt on frame extension to keep that linkage off of the asphalt. Maybe with a small wheel for those "unexpected" wheelies? :AGGHH::clapping:

The end of the frame.

15208880210090.jpg

Drags first.

15208876223320.jpg

I see it now, your legs don't actually rest on the intake ... and I did miss speak ... should of said air cleaners ... I do remember way back in the beginning of this thread all the info about modding the fuel system ... duh ... even recently when you have discussed the tuning issues. My bad.

I just had to poke at you.

But a good bit did go into making it a computer motor.

I have been getting a lot of "what carbs are those"

It all is so over done that very few will understand what all is in it.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png