Anyone else?

Yes.......and no.

If you are building more than one it sure is nice.

It is nice to be able to fixture up and measure a few things and know what shims to put in it to start with.

You can assemble and measure what you got.....disassemble......shim.....assemble.......measure.....disassemble........shim......assemble.

A real pain, but if you only have one to do......

Then adjusting the shifter forks you can do with a make shift jig. Cut the side out of an old trans case.

15238413106650.jpg

Yes.......and no.

If you are building more than one it sure is nice.

It is nice to be able to fixture up and measure a few things and know what shims to put in it to start with.

You can assemble and measure what you got.....disassemble......shim.....assemble.......measure.....disassemble........shim......assemble.

A real pain, but if you only have one to do......

Then adjusting the shifter forks you can do with a make shift jig. Cut the side out of an old trans case.

View attachment 56570

This hacked case has not been used in a long time.

It will need some cleaning before use.

Still have not gotten the money to buy a few more parts.

Had announced it done to the wife.....now I need more money......she is not too happy.....lol.

I have scrounged up the hub that is going back in it.

And it looks like I have enough left over gaskets.

I am sleeving the shaft and boring the case to put double stack of oil seals on the input shaft.

15243638006850.jpg

That is the part that always got me in life, not having the extra money to get what was needed. I just used what I had and had to make the best of it.

It would be so awesome to have a shop to do what is needed in. I do enjoy reading your words and seeing your work, also I just want to be in your shop, LOL Have a great day and hope all does work out in your favor.:)

OK guys....totally understand about the money part.....can't count the times I have told the wife, that's the end of the bigger purchases.....will just be nickle/dime stuff from here on in....a week later.... Woops forgot about the wideband gage and sensor I need!

Repeat scenario until she no longer believes any thing you tell her.......sound familiar? :xzqxz:

input shaft?

oil getting into the clutch? on 4 spd muncieS was told to leave tranny oil level slightly low. Maybe vw with unique layout and differential included makes for more oil slinging?

oil getting into the clutch? on 4 spd muncieS was told to leave tranny oil level slightly low. Maybe vw with unique layout and differential included makes for more oil slinging?

No.

The clutch is not there.

The trans is upside down. That means the input shaft is below oil level.

It is difficult to keep an oil seal working there.

Now, I understand the need for two seals with a good case bore and input shaft finish Looks like the leaks will be a thing of the past!:D Imagine it would be a very expensive repair if taken to a shop. It's a good thing you can do the tear down, machining and reassembly yourself.

Never did come up with the money for any new parts. Just is not the time. Like while building there would be times with no activity. So I was either going to have to wait on the money or keep scrapping for parts.

Well.....I came up with enough used parts. One good used synchro and one well worn one. Wish I had better....but not waiting.

It is going back together.

Gear stack built and in the "fixture". Poor man's trans fixture....cut the side out of a case. Luckily nothing will change on the pinion depth so that will not need anything.

15247008558320.jpg

And all the way back apart for one more shim.

15247008705181.jpg

And there gear stack is back together and in the fixture. I think I have it all good and the shift forks all set.

Will give it one more inspection and pull it out and go into the case with it.

Still going back together.

Sleeves all sizes out.

15247865903390.jpg

And three shaft seals.

15247866088461.jpg

So gear carrier in and inputs shaft mods in.

And the case hung back in the frame with one axle half done.

???

??? what is that part that is above the heim, but below the exhaust pipe.....hook shaped?

those triple seals should stop any leaks! Ya, agree, leave expensive tranny mods for next winter......just maybe be easier on the throttle.......wondering if the dyno run is what twisted the hub?

That hook shape is a pig tail of wires in heat insulating tubing.

That is the O2 sensor for that bank.

Here is the same thing on the other bank.

15225958960364.jpg

Computer inputs for the fuel injection.

just from the picture, well it stands out, it is the one to walk over and look at.

That short low profile you got going on is actually real nice looking. The trike by itself in a pic made it hard for me to judge size, the above post was awesome, thanks for it. Now at the bike gathering, wow, it stands out and looks so clean and nice. Be very proud of your work DeathBySnuSnu

This was Friday evening. The rally is actually Saturday, which is today now and it is raining. These folks were the distance ride in that are overnight at the hotel.

If it will quit raining i suspect a lot of day trippers this evening.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png