Anyone else?

The head studs are switched out and fit a lot better. All the nuts on and heads snugged down but not torqued to spec.
Measured on the rocker geometry some and not too far out. Gotta make some thin shims .050" thick.

Still looks the same.

Looking at what to do with this.

Has drug the ground more than once.

A couple of the studs were broken also at one time.

Thinking of making a thicker plate with no drain plug in the bottom. With the nuts counter sunk so deep that they dont stick out and with the drain hole on the side of the thicker plate

20170105_174717_zpsuwcoxa6b.jpg

Ahhh the low life......

Wouldn't a thicker plate end up just providing a larger scrub surface? I would think that a plate thick enough to allow a side mounted drain would extend down at least as far as the existing (scrubbed) drain bolt head. Also, is smacking the bottom of a high dollar engine case a good idea? Maybe a frame mounted skid plate or skid bar(s) might be a better idea. Just my 2 cents.

I was wondering how that would drag so bad until I zoomed in on your front mounted engine, yep it's low. My opinion would be keep using as is, use loc nuts instead of long cap nuts. It's so low no one will see it. Nice wide tires & wheels would really make that trike look good and still have plenty power, 2cents.

If it wasn't for that one rogue stud that holds the pickup tube you could use a flat plate with counter sunk bolts. Honda had counter sunk bolts little groove where the head meets the base for a oring. Then just eliminate the plug you don't need it anyway.

Not many viable options other than raising the ride height. Perhaps going back to a "stock" oil strainer cover plate in steel, without a drain bolt?
Is it currently too low to install an expanded metal skid plate on the frame, of some sort?

Thanks for the input guys.

I am not that worried that it has scrubbed.
More worried about that rare occasion it gets drug over a speed bump....that it could get unscrewed.

I rubbed a big block on the ground once and spun the plug right out of it and dumped the oil out right there.

With the trans upside-down the engine is 6 inches lower that it would be stock. I did it this way for looks and I like it.

It seemed a better idea to have the thicker plate. If it ever got drug would be no plug to get unscrewed.

With the new fork and new rear tires I could be as much as a half inch taller now.

I am just gonna hafta try harder to not put it in those spots it could drag.
One is the speed bump at the high school (I have kids to fetch there). Maybe just not take the scooter there, no going around that one.
The other is the curb at wal mart. No motorcycle parking here. The police let bikes park on yhe sidewalk. The curb at my wal mart is taller than normal. It take a little snap and twitch to wheelie hop the front up on it. Normally could hop on and off without dragging. But it has been drug there.
I suppose I shouldnt park on that sidewalk there anymore.

So it dont just simply drag all over the place. I can avoid most of it. But one day it will wind up getting drug over the speed bump at the high school again. That happens unplanned at times.

Maybe a flatter plate and drain out somewhere else....

"I rubbed a big block on the ground once and spun the plug right out of it and dumped the oil out right there" :xzqxz:

Dang, you're a great awesome mechanic, just need driving lessons, lol.

I'd have to agree with the thicker plate with side drain since you have more clearance now.

Well....my camera is cracked on my phone. My pics are now blurry junk. I dunno when I will get to replace my phone. Everything I do on the internet is done with my phone.

Once the intakes were tight I then started on the throttle cables.
I pick stuff up off ebay just here and there.
I have one Venhill cable kit and one generic cable kit. The generic one is junk compared to yhe Venhill.
I suppose I have gotta find and get another venhill kit from across the big pond.

I did make up the primary throttle cable.

Soldering ends on.

20170107_170838_zpsf1rc6oeg.jpg

And the assembled single pull throttle.

It is on the scooter and works slick.

20170107_174821_zpsruyh5beg.jpg

Those Venhill cables are good stuff and come with several styles of solder on ends.

I ordered another for the cross over cable. Not going to use the shabby generic cable kit.

Not all.

Most of the fittings are Not name brand stuff.

If you look closely at Russell or airoquip their fittings have real anodizing on them. The color is part of the metal.

That is what the big difference is in the no name stuff. Not real anodizing. Just painted color to look like it.

Some of the no name stuff is not speced or even sold correctly. So make sure what you get actually fits together correctly and tight.

See how bad it scratches up.

20170110_181931_zps5sreamij.jpg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png