Blue Ridge Parkway

Has anyone made that trip? Is it worth the time it will take? Thinking to do so on the way back from Delaware.

If you make it when the fall colors are in, It is beautiful that words cant describe. My favorite spot is the mountains of north Carolina all the way down to Ashville. The downside of it is a lot of 35 mph, Gets a little slow after awhile, But it is well worth your time in in no rush.

I have rode the part from Cherokee to Asheville and it took about 4 hours of a lot and I mean a lot of sharp turns. It only takes less than an hour by the normal roads !! I have spoken to others who have rode end to end and they all say that the last part (which I rode) has the most twistiest and the rest of the ride was more relaxing. If I do ride it, I will either start at Asheville or get off there if coming from the north. Don't take me wrong in that it was very scenic but it makes for a short travel day on that end.

Tomg

My wife and I have rode the BRP the whole length including the Skyline Parkway. The only issue is leave enough time. Speed limit is 45 MPH. As stated the winding part is between Ashville and Cherokee. The highest spot is also on that section. Several tunnels too. North of Ashville it is more rolling feeling. The view on the whole Parkway is spectacular. During the fall colors it doesn't get any better. The weather can change quickly because of the mountains. Rain and fog is always possible. A Must ride at least once. Plan on a long ride and enjoy it.

My wife and I have rode the BRP the whole length including the Skyline Parkway. The only issue is leave enough time. Speed limit is 45 MPH. As stated the winding part is between Ashville and Cherokee. The highest spot is also on that section. Several tunnels too. North of Ashville it is more rolling feeling. The view on the whole Parkway is spectacular. During the fall colors it doesn't get any better. The weather can change quickly because of the mountains. Rain and fog is always possible. A Must ride at least once. Plan on a long ride and enjoy it.

Ditto! Have driven it twice, both times on two wheels, next time it will be on three wheels.
from Ashville to Cherokee is a nice ride with a terrific view.

I live about 80 minutes from the Parkway on the Smoky side. I've ridden it many times and at different lengths...it's a great ride spring, summer and fall. Twisties, mountains, slow curves, the works. The weather can be changeable, so bring rain gear.

Thanks to all. Being in no rush whatsoever (retired) we definitely have the time to take our time. Probably too early for much in the way of fall colors, but if we like the ride, it will just be an excuse to do it again later.

Just did the entire parkway 2 weeks ago. Long stretch of the north section is brand new pavement. One of the most amazing rides ever. Did 9 states and 5 days in Maggie Valley. Keep your head up for wildlife as well. Numerous deer grazing along the shoulder that were not scared off by the sound of the pipes. We were amazed that there were no bugs. Take your time and enjoy every mile!

Has anyone made that trip? Is it worth the time it will take? Thinking to do so on the way back from Delaware.
The Blue Ridge Parkway is a great ride. I never get tired of it. I feel that south to north and north to south are almost like two different roads. Tue.thru Thursday it has a lot less traffic. RIDE SAFE

Cathy and I both loved the BRP when we rode it. It's some of the most beautiful scenery, coupled with a wonderful road to ride. It's a slower pace, but then that's the idea. We especially enjoyed the Little Switzerland area. Lots to see and do! Enjoy!

I have done the entire Parkway 2 times! Once with 2 wheels and once with 3 wheels!! Enjoyed both trips to the max. We ride parts of the Parkway almost every year also. If you don't enjoy and see something cool you are in a cage not on a Cycle.ThumbUpThumbUpThumbUp

Gonna find out soon enough. We fly to Philly Thursday then on to Delaware. Probably hit the Blue Ridge Saturday - not in any hurry.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astrocreep

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astrocreep
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png