Winter Riding Gear

Wondering why you want step less versus stepped controller?
Sorry to take so long to answer this. I had forgotten about the post and I just saw you question. Anyway with a stepped controller you have to use the settings they give you. One step might be too high and the next lower one too low. Step less,you get what you want. I now have a step-less (Rheostat really) and I really like the way it adjusts. I ended up with a Gerbing because a friend of mine gave me a great deal on his used one.

Sorry to take so long to answer this. I had forgotten about the post and I just saw you question. Anyway with a stepped controller you have to use the settings they give you. One step might be too high and the next lower one too low. Step less,you get what you want. I now have a step-less (Rheostat really) and I really like the way it adjusts. I ended up with a Gerbing because a friend of mine gave me a great deal on his used one.

I like the step less too ... I have my pants and socks on one control... jacket and gloves on the other control

winter

Just tried the electric vest with my leather jacket and seems that combo works good..The heated grips still amaze me keeping my hands warm..

Electric is the only way to go. No matter how many layers one piles on eventually a draft come in, then another, then .. until you are cold. Electric vest feels like the warm sun on a summer day. Grips are good year round. But after 50 years I found the final solution and moved to Florida. Now if I can figure out air conditioning for the trike .... ;)

Electric is the only way to go. No matter how many layers one piles on eventually a draft come in, then another, then .. until you are cold. Electric vest feels like the warm sun on a summer day. Grips are good year round. But after 50 years I found the final solution and moved to Florida. Now if I can figure out air conditioning for the trike .... ;)

I have seen someone put fans on his bike..No AC yet..:laugh:

I layered up for years and it worked well when I was younger,but now it is really nice to plug in and turn on. If you are an AMA member Warm and Safe will give you an 18% discount on your purchase. They make the liners for First Gear and sell under their own name also.

Check out Baja Ron he sells heated gear at good prices..The heated gear does work well when you get older..:D I crank mine up and drive..

I did check with Ron and his price was better the Warm and Safe direct,so I got my wife a liner and gloves and a controller for Christmas. She doesn't read here so no worries. I am also having it delivered to the office so she wont see it. I just finished wiring the Spyder for both our clothing sets so she will be set to go. We are going to San Diego in Feb and I want her to enjoy the trip. Her first real trip on the Spyder.

We use Gerbins with inline potentiometers to control the heat needed.
Liner jackets and gloves work very well. Keep your "trunk" warm and your blood flow is warmer to other parts of the body.
Rosy

A last thought ... what ever you wear to keep warm, you have to be comfortable as well as warm. When you get "too much" on, at the bulky stage, riding becomes labored and no fun, not too mention you don't want to be the guy that takes 20 minutes to gear up and down at a 10 minute gas stop. :AGGHH:

As long as you are warm and comfortable its all good..:D My limitations on cold weather riding have changed since I am not in my 20's anymore :D

Who wears anything other then normal riding gear at those temps??? 45*~50* that's regular riding temps.....for me anyway.
Jan. 1st I did our FYAO ride - temps = 24* that's when the heated gear comes out. ThumbUp

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png