Warranty

rufus15

10+ Posts
Oct 6, 2014
Atlanta Ga
Thinking of converting my 2012 wing to a hannigan trike with a trailer hitch for towing. I'm concerned about losing any warranties with Honda and if anyone can tell me of the hannigan warranty for there install. Much appreciated

1. Bike coverage depends a lot on the dealer. However, if mother Honda finds out it's been triked and the failure mode is declared to be caused by the conversion, no warranty. Such as any motor or drive train failure.
2. If not blamed on the conversion, such as a failure not involving the motor/drive train, it should still be covered. The problem becomes finding a dealer that will work on it as a trike. Many are not set up to work on trikes and will refuse to even look at it!
3. Hannigans warranty, when I got mine, was 2 years.

Installers in Georgia:

BLUE MOON CYCLE
Trikes Sidecars

752 W. Peachtree Street
Norcross, GA 30071
John Landstrom
Phone 770-447-6945 Ext.20
http://www.bluemooncycle.com

Trikes by Coach Rice
Trikes Trailers

1204 Nathan Blvd.
Loganville, GA 30052
Carl Rice
770-381-5052
coachrice44@aol.com

Last edited:
On Hannigans previous web sight, it was stated adding the trike conversion would void the bikes warranty. That statement is no longer on the newer web sight:Shrug:
I have talked w/many dealers and w/Hondas customer service and what I posted above is the consensus of all those conversations.
There is discussion going on, elsewhere, to offer a front to rear warranty on bikes converted to trikes. Not ready yet!
Very puzzling to me as I'm sure Honda is aware that several of their dealers sell/install trike conversions and I'm also sure they know they are covering warranty issues on trikes, yet we read where warranty has been denied because the bike has been triked.
Is Honda telling us if a Honda dealer does the conversion we're OK on warranty while if the conversion is done else where and we find out warranty claims may be denied depending on the failure mode???
While we are talking trike conversions here but, you mentioned a trailer hitch. That brings up a whole new scenario as there seems to be issues with trailer hitches and heel/toe shifters!!!!!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png