Hello, new here, and looking for some info on conversion of Nomad 1500...thanks in ad

Oct 13, 2014
Coon Rapids
Hello, new here, and looking for some info on conversion of Nomad 1500...thanks in ad

Hi, rryder here (Red Ryder).
I have a 2000 Kawasaki 1500 FI, that I've been thinking of converting to a trike.
I'm in Minnesota, and wonder if anyone here can steer me to my options/costs to make this happen. I'm looking for ease and to be comfortable, as some health issues are starting to be bothersome. Reverse would be nice. Semi-retired, so cost control would be a key.

thanks in advance for your time/assistance.
Red
2000 NOMAD FI 4.jpg

Re: Hello, new here, and looking for some info on conversion of Nomad 1500...thanks i

Welcome glad you joined us. Good luck with your search. RIDE SAFE

Re: Hello, new here, and looking for some info on conversion of Nomad 1500...thanks i

The only company that I can think of that makes kits for that bike is Hannigan.

I know you ain't gonna like what I have to say but perhaps think about this. I owned a 2001 VN1500 Nomad and I have to say it doesn't have enough power to be a lot of fun as a trike. It doesn't really have a whole lot of ooph as a two-wheeler and I am not a speedy-type rider. My wife and I put about 50K miles on our Nomad and I loved the bike in a lot of ways but just couldn't feel comfortable on rides over 400 miles. My suggestion is to get a touring bike (such as a Goldwing) that is already triked. Sell your Nomad and use the cash as a down payment for the used trike... I have a 97 GL1500 Roadsmith conversion and it is far more comfy than a Nomad and has the power to ride comfortably with any crowd (or two-up). I did the change to a GL1500 Roadsmith as I just can't affort a new trike of any sort. You can find a GL1500 trike for $8K-15K easy. Go to Goldwingdocs.com and use the search function at the top of the page... just plug in the search term "trike" and select all cities... lots of good buys out there especially at the end of riding season; don't wait the spring as prices will shoot up.

a6.JPG

My 2001 Nomad

Welcome to Trike Talk from Missouri. Sounds like good advise, if your trike is under powered and you take long trips you will never be happy with it.

. I owned a 2001 VN1500 Nomad and I have to say it doesn't have enough power to be a lot of fun as a trike. It doesn't really have a whole lot of ooph as a two-wheeler and I am not a speedy-type rider. My wife and I put about 50K miles on our Nomad and I loved the bike in a lot of ways but just couldn't feel comfortable on rides over 400 miles. My suggestion is to get a touring bike (such as a Goldwing) that is already triked. Sell your Nomad and use the cash as a down payment for the used trike... I have a 97 GL1500 Roadsmith conversion and it is far more comfy than a Nomad and has the power to ride comfortably with any crowd (or two-up). I did the change to a GL1500 Roadsmith as I just can't affort a new trike of any sort. You can find a GL1500 trike for $8K-15K easy. Go to Goldwingdocs.com and use the search function at the top of the page... just plug in the search term "trike" and select all cities... lots of good buys out there especially at the end of riding season; don't wait the spring as prices will shoot up.

View attachment 22876

My 2001 Nomad

I had a 2003 Nomad, first year with Fuel Injection and also thought it was underpowered. I couldn't keep up with the Vallkeries and Goldwings I was riding with. Lack of wind protection on a very cold day was the straw that broke the camels back. I got a 2003 wing and it was like going from a VW to a Corvette. I now ride a 2010 triked with Champion S/A.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png