2014 Boom Box

jackt

Apr 14, 2011
Great Bend, KS USA
Anyone heard when HD is going to fix the software? I lost my maps with the 1.18.1.1 update the my dealer told me they would have update last week.

My dealer did an update last week - it took 2 thumb drives. He said this was not what was on the website. Everything is working great - for now. Keeping fingers crossed.

No I don't . The tech just walked out to my bike and started doing the install. We talked for about 10/15 minutes while he was doing it.

His name is Chris and he's at Wild Fire H-D 630/834-6571

I don't know if any other dealer has the same program.

GaryD .... If you would get the software level number from your infotainment unit .... it might be of help to all of us when we go to our dealers. I went from 1.17.5 to 1.18.1 with no problems.

a. Select the following display menu items: “Home/Set-up/System Information Software Version”.
b. Record the software version.

Bob :Dorag:

It is 1.18.1

They should not have done the 1.18.1 update. Check and see if your maps work, if you bring up maps and there is no maps then the update was wrong. Anyway the newest update is 1.18.2 and even if you have 1.18.1 and it works ok I would recommend updating to the .2 version. My 1.18.1 update worked on my trike but I did the newest update to keep current.

Everything is working perfectly. At least so far in the last 3 weeks.
What is the difference between 1.18.1 and 1.18.2?
If it's just something minor like letting you pick another icon or a different voice - I can live without that.

- - - Updated - - -

If it's just something minor like letting you pick another icon or a different voice - I can live without that.

Depending on the update I really don't care for one if everything is working up to this point. I haven't updated my Garmin Zumo in years. Haven't had any misfortune - the roads are still the same - haven't got misled. Usually an update is for something trivial like some stores or gas stations may have closed or there is a new road in a new housing complex. As long as the major highways stay the same, I have no need for an update - - - unless it's to fix a gremlin in the program.

When 1.18.1 was released it caused many boom box systems to loose their maps among other problems. There a a few different versions of operating systems on the boom boxes that were not effected (mine worked fine). Harley took the updated down until they could provide an update that worked on all systems, thus 1.18.2 finally was released. If you have a good working version of 1.18.1 and do not want to update there is probably no difference between the two versions as far as your concerned. However I tend to be somewhat anal when it comes to having the lateset and greatest, so I updated mine from 1.18.1 to 1.18.2.

Thanks for the update. I'll keep that in mind. If I'm at the dealer and they have nothing to do, I'll see if they can do the update while I walk around and see if there's anything I can buy - usually there's not. :D

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the update. I'll keep that in mind. If I'm at the dealer and they have nothing to do, I'll see if they can do the update while I walk around and see if there's anything I can buy - usually there's not. :D

I wonder why it works on some units and not on others?

Boom Box update

The newest software update for the Boom! Box 6.5 is version 1.18.3, released in January 2015. Do these updates also update the GPS maps? My Garmin GPS units need a map update about every 4-6 months.

I just checked my 2 week old 2015, it came with ver. 1.18.3. On the navigation side, the software is ver. 9.10.14.442833 and the database is listed as: Q2 20140602

Can i ask how you are getting these updates? going back to harley shop are off the internet? I have only had 1 update but my radio/nav all just locked. It would not even go off when I turned the switch off.
Thanks in advance

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png