Winding roads

Ironhorsepilot

Contributing Member
Oct 15, 2008
Southeast Va
You know, I have problems with twisties. Am I weird? I get in a"zone" and actually get a dizzy feeling. A few twisties are OK, but roads that curve one way and then another curve after curve, gives me a feeling like motion sickness. Anyone else have this problem? I want to go to Maggie Valley, so will I have issues?:blush:

Are you looking through the windshield or over it? When I took my test ride I found the top of the windshield to be mid eye level and it was distracting. I had to stretch up to see over the top. I know on a long twisty road it would have made me feel dizzy. If this is the problem a different height windshield is available.

IHP, Do plan on coming to Maggie Valley in June!
Of course there are curvy roads everywhere down there in the mountains, but we can make sure you stay off the Dragon and some of those that have repeated, extreme twisties. Besides, with all the support and encouragement and coaching you get while you are there, you may head back home with a whole new love of curves :D. Please, Please plan to join us there. We'd love that!!!!

Nana,

We are going to put it on our calender. As long as I can ride the back of the group and slow when I get discombobulated, I will be fine! Not sure I want to do the dragon though. I have a feeling my problem stems from my lasik surgery. I had to get glasses, but sometimes, I have to take them off and see better with them off and all of a sudden I will get blurry and have to get them back on. It's a pain in the the rear end!!! But we really want to come. Hubby will be on two wheels, but I am sure that is OK. Also, do you know where we will be staying? My step son may come up from Atlanta, as he knows personally the man that owns the Museum and wants to see him, but he said there are not many places to stay up there.

My hubby, and Juju's will also be on 2 wheels, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a few others with our group.

As far as motel and camping for those who will come with that in mind, I am soon going to be posting suggested locations and will hopefully have a block of rooms and campsites held for our group to reserve. However, most of those places are closed this month, and it takes up to two weeks for them to check their messages and return calls. I will post the details on the TTR-3 thread as soon as I have them.

Believe me, you will not be the only one who wants/needs to take their time and are fairly new to twisties. You'll do great! Perhaps before June your eye doc can recheck your eyes and offer some suggestion that will help you with that!

I will be ready!!!! Getting excited already.:yes: We will make it a longer trip, as I gave hubby a gift certificate to Mean City Cycles to get his seat reworked. I am thinking we will just make our appointment at that time and go there first. I wanted him to be there so he can explain what he needs in person.

IHP -- How long has it been since your surgery? Most people don't know this, but ANY surgery can affect eyesight for 6 months or more. For an example, in Sept, '01, I had heart bypass surgery. I'd managed to qualify for the Shooter of the Year competition in March, '02. I shot the normal course on Sat & did well, but on Sunday in the SOY competition, it was if someone had removed the sights from my rifle -- could NOT see them at all. There was another competition right after the SOY, & the sights were back, so I shot well again. I asked my Optometerist & he said that was a normal thing. I needed my glasses updated, but he declined even looking at me untill it was at least 6 months after surgery. If it's been 8 or 10 months since you got your eyes "fixed", then you might have something else going on & need to check with your Doc.

NM

Yes, it has been almost a year. Most days they are good and I don't need any glasses for driving, etc. but I have noticed that with the cold weather, I am back to blurry, Etc. Back to the Dr. I go.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png