• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

CSC cobra rear brake rotor

Reaction score
Changed rear pads on my csc first of this year. Original set lasted 2 years plus 50k. Figured I wouldn't have to worry about for a while. Started making noise recently first thought was a wheel bearing. outside pads on left side are down to the metal. Ate up rotor on that side. Has anybody ever had to replace a rotor and can u get this animal from a regular parts house or do I have to get it from CSC. I thought about getting it machined down but not sure about spec on how far down I can go and does anybody know what the torque spec on caliper bolts are. I'll call CSC tomorrow but I wanted to check here first. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Tks for looking

Tks Gary I would've thought it would be more. Now if I could just find a rotor without going through CSC. If CSC wants too much I may try to get it turned down.

Roadsmith disk/hub is $99. Custom made, so they are the only game in town.

Don't use my rear brakes that much, but had a disk warp at $25K miles.

If you can get them, get Yellowstuff pads. They will NOT last 50K miles, but they are supposed to have 30% better stopping power than "stock" pads. Prior to yellowstuff pads, I NEVER could skid my rear wheels, even if I stood on the brake pedal.

Now, with yellowstuff pads, if I really stand down on the rear brakes, they will skid, which I think is a good thing. You do not have to put pressure on the brakes enough to make them skid, but I know for sure I have much much more stopping power!

Tks for responses. Called CSC Friday new rotor is $71 plus shipping. Spec is .356. - .020 for turning. I'll probably go ahead and order one Monday

Update
Ordered a rotor and new set of pads from CSC today. Brake dust was really bad on the last pads. The Tech from told me they changed the composition on the rear pads (less dust). Tech support from CSC is very outstanding and very highly recommended. Tks for all responses. Trike Talk is the best
Bruce

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png