Handle bars and grips?

I have a 7/8 inch handle bar and 1 inch grips and controls, I need to shim the 7/8 inch bar up to a 1 inch the length of the controls and grips. Anybody know of ready made shims to get this done? Or what did you do, other than buy a new handle bar or 7/8th controls.. Thank You

If you cannot get 1" handlebars & need to keep your 7/8, then you have a safety challenge as well as a mechanical one to consider.
My .02 is to get 1 inch Harley style handlebar risers, 1" bars and be done with it, but without seeing what you're working with its difficult to offer any accurate info.
You could also consider machining your current handlebar risers/upper triple tree to accommodate 1" bars, but the safety factor comes back into play.
If you can post pics of your upper triple tree, perhaps you'd get more helpful responses, (in addition to mine!), too.
Best of luck on this...

OK, its a Super Glide front suspension, VW trike. I like the 7/8 pull back bars I have now is why I'd like to keep them. If I have to I'll get 1 inch bars before I'd weld on it. I really can't see why a safety issue would inter into it seeing 7/8 bars are what many bikes are still using? I just thought if any of you guys knew of a shim to slide over the end of these bars I have it would fix me right up.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and yes I do have the Harley risers on it also but who ever before I got this trike has a split shim taking it to 1 inch and tightens down good, at least I can't move the bars when tighten down

The safety issue I see is with the controls, (clutch/front brake if you are running one, & hand grips), might not be safe with shims holding them in place.
Sounds like all you are really lacking is 1" handlebars.
Craigslist is probably going to be your best bet if finances are in play, on new to you handle bars.
Good luck & let us know how you "fix" it...

Consider welding short lengths of 1" OD x 0.065" thick DOM tube to the handgrip areas of the 7/8" bars. A little sanding/grinding of the outside of the 7/8" bars will make a good slip fit that can be securely welded. Now you'll have the 1" OD required for your controls and grips. That is what I'd do to make it work. The tube can be purchased online for less than $7 for two 6" lengths.

Look on ebay for the shims for the handlebars and new 7/8th controls didn't cost that much. I also got some throttle and gripps from dime city cycles.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David Davis

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David Davis
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png