Kahr CM9 replacement for LCP?

Papa Zook

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 14, 2007
Conroe, Texas
I'm thinking of replacing my stolen Ruger LCP with a Kahr CM9. Its not much bigger than the LCP and I like the extra firepower the 9mm has over the 380 and from what I have read and heard directly from Kahr owners, these are great EDC's. Any feedback?

Kahr CM9 VS Ruger LCP.JPG

The Kahr is a nice gun ( I have a couple of them) but I would prefer the Ruger, but thats just me.

I liked the LCP a lot, its a true pocket pistol compared to the CM9. I'll carry the Kahr tucked in a IWB holster.

I liked the LCP a lot, its a true pocket pistol compared to the CM9. I'll carry the Kahr tucked in a IWB holster.

That will make a nice concealed carry setup -- I've switched to a NAA mini in 22 mag for summer carry -- in the winter time I go back to either the Ruger or the Colt Combat Commander LW

The Kahr is longer, taller and wider than the Ruger LCP but, it's a 9MM. Kahr's are reliable and relativly inexpensive. It's a nice gun. I've shot them but never owned any. I can't be a supporter of Sun Nyong Moon.

I really like the Kahr pistols, but have not shot the model you're interested in. I will say they are good shooting guns, and very reliable.

The S&W Shield is a nice carry gun, and is fun to shoot when you have the extended mag.

Do you have any interest in a DAO or striker fired trigger?

Check out Bond Arms BondArms.com well built pocket gun, only two shot two barrel but when it's a 45 in one and a 410 ....OO Buck shotgun shell in the other, i think it would stop the threat.

Just saw a Sig P290RS.... Nice (but @ $200 more than an LCP)
Smaller than the Ruger LC9. Little larger & wider than the LCP.
Comes with a 6 & an 8 round Mag.
Good looking little devil and it's a Sig so Quality is unquestionable.
If you're leaning to a 9 for a CCW/pocket Pistol, this one would deserve a Hands-on.

Here's a comparison Pic:

LCP vs P290.jpg

Only held the Kahr never shot it. Carry my Glock 42 right now. Like the .380, light and easy to shoot. Put night sights and clip extensions on it.
Either carry my Glock 27 or Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry other wise.

Just saw a Sig P290RS.... Nice (but @ $200 more than an LCP)
Smaller than the Ruger LC9. Little larger & wider than the LCP.
Comes with a 6 & an 8 round Mag.
Good looking little devil and it's a Sig so Quality is unquestionable.
If you're leaning to a 9 for a CCW/pocket Pistol, this one would deserve a Hands-on.

Here's a comparison Pic:

View attachment 23431

That SIG is a nice looking piece, if I was to ever need another smaller gun I'd look real hard at it.

Well I got the Kahr and I'm a likin' it a lot! If it warms up enough tomorrow it'll get some breakin' in at the range. Now for some holster roulette.

sounds like a good choice. I have the nano 9 and worry about scratching it up with all the crap I put in my pocket at times. I bought a paddle back leather holster that hangs tight and high. works good under a vest or shirt tail

The LCP was one of the first of its kind pocket gun. I have one and I can leave Mi and start squeezing the trigger and be in Ohio before the gun fires. The Kahr is a nice weapon but everyone I know that has one has had misfires, stove pipes etc. If your looking for a 380 and want to keep the price down take a look at the Glock 42. I'm not a Glock fan but this is a very nice gun. The M&P Shield is also a nice weapon for the price but just a tad big for the pocket. If it is a 9mm your looking for look at the Ruger LC9 the changed to a striker fire and it has a nice trigger pull about 6 to 6.5 lbs. If you have the extra $$$ the Sig 938 is awesome but you have to carry it cocked and locked since it is a single action.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png