Post Your VW Trike Pics

After many months of working abroad and then finally getting the trike painted, assembled, tested and registered, it is now on the road and rides like a dream :)

photo 1.JPGphoto 2.jpgphoto 3.JPGphoto 4.jpgTrike Latest 2 small.jpgRed Skull.jpg

Attachments

• Trike Latest 2 small.jpg
    Trike Latest 2 small.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 183
All finished now and road legal. Won best in show at local mcc event. Well pleased. One problem I have is that transmission oil keeps being forced out the axel ends over the brakes. I assume it is because I have shortened them to 10" each side and the oil has no where to go but not sure how little I should put in the manual box.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    373.3 KB · Views: 178
On the downhill side of the project

I moved to Ohio a couple years ago after losing everything. So I needed a project to start my life over with and keep my head on straight. I am now adjusted somewhat, got a small house and am now finishing my second bike. I don't have my supercharged Yamaha anymore, because it hurt my back to ride, so I sold it regrettably, and have now started a new project, and something I have always wanted to do. This bike won the month of august of a 12 month international yamaha web site calender contest
motor shot.jpgbike cover.jpg
Both bikes are totally hand made with minimal tools.
So this trike is a project I started in a carport and from a worn out previously built bike. I had an idea that I wanted to make a trike with kinda of stake bed flat bed truck flavor to just travel locally in an upright easy going seated position and carry groceries and supplies, while saving gas.

When I got this bike, every single thing on the bike was warn out a frozen, literally. The engine started, but I could not ride it. the fork bearings were frozen straight and that was the minor things.

Anyway, this 1500 swing axle is all new. frame is majorly changed, as are the forks, engine, trans, brakes, bolts washers etc... Every single part is new and or rebuilt. I just wanted a grocery getter with better mileage than my truck. In back of the seat is an open shelf rack for carrying tools, rope or whatever, an above that is a large hidden lockable storage compartment. There will be an oak board that when inserted behind the seat, creates an boxed area to carry stuff on the flatbed. The sides are removable. I also incorporated bolting points to put a passenger seat on, if needed, and also another dune buggy style round tube gas tank to add 5 gallons more that the 5 gallon vintage harley tank already in place. the seat will tilt forward, for rainy days when parked. I like my 1910 vintage solid brass norton motorcycle headlight I purchased from england.

It was converted from acetylene gas burning to halogen, as was the model-T tail lights. Can you imagine lighting your headlight and tail lights with a match before going on a ride. I am finding the wiring to be the most daunting at the moment. Wood is all oak.

Comments are welcome, good and bad. You cannot hurt my feelings, cuz it is what I wanted and not like anybody elses.
trike last phase 002.jpgtrike last phase 003.jpgbrass headlight.jpgdashboard 001.jpgtrike last phase 004.jpg

On the downhill side of the project

I moved to Ohio a couple years ago after losing everything. So I needed a project to start my life over with and keep my head on straight. I am now adjusted somewhat, got a small house and am now finishing my second bike. I don't have my supercharged Yamaha anymore, because it hurt my back to ride, so I sold it regrettably, and have now started a new project, and something I have always wanted to do.
View attachment 21290View attachment 21289
Both bikes are totally hand made with minimal tools. So this trike is a project I started in a carport and from a worn out previously built bike. When I got this bike, every single thing on the bike was warn out a frozen, literally. The engine started, but I could not ride it. the fork bearings were frozen straight and that was the minor things. Anyway, this 1500 swing axle is all new. frame is majorly changed, as are the forks, engine, trans, brakes, bolts washers etc...

Every single part is new and or rebuilt.

I just wanted a grocery getter with better mileage than my truck.
View attachment 21286View attachment 21287View attachment 21284View attachment 21285View attachment 21288

Battery cover 001.jpgstorage 002.jpgstorage.jpgtail light.jpg

How do I delete this post number 146 - it is a double post somehow

If someone with the power, could please delete this post number 146 please

I moved to Ohio a couple years ago after losing everything. So I needed a project to start my life over with and keep my head on straight. I am now adjusted somewhat, got a small house and am now finishing my second bike. I don't have my supercharged Yamaha anymore, because it hurt my back to ride, so I sold it regrettably, and have now started a new project, and something I have always wanted to do. This bike won the month of august of a 12 month international yamaha web site calender contest
View attachment 21290View attachment 21289
Both bikes are totally hand made with minimal tools.
So this trike is a project I started in a carport and from a worn out previously built bike. I had an idea that I wanted to make a trike with kinda of stake bed flat bed truck flavor to just travel locally in an upright easy going seated position and carry groceries and supplies, while saving gas.

When I got this bike, every single thing on the bike was warn out a frozen, literally. The engine started, but I could not ride it. the fork bearings were frozen straight and that was the minor things.

Anyway, this 1500 swing axle is all new. frame is majorly changed, as are the forks, engine, trans, brakes, bolts washers etc... Every single part is new and or rebuilt. I just wanted a grocery getter with better mileage than my truck. In back of the seat is an open shelf rack for carrying tools, rope or whatever, an above that is a large hidden lockable storage compartment. There will be an oak board that when inserted behind the seat, creates an boxed area to carry stuff on the flatbed. The sides are removable. I also incorporated bolting points to put a passenger seat on, if needed, and also another dune buggy style round tube gas tank to add 5 gallons more that the 5 gallon vintage harley tank already in place. the seat will tilt forward, for rainy days when parked. I like my 1910 vintage solid brass norton motorcycle headlight I purchased from england.

It was converted from acetylene gas burning to halogen, as was the model-T tail lights. Can you imagine lighting your headlight and tail lights with a match before going on a ride. I am finding the wiring to be the most daunting at the moment. Wood is all oak.

Comments are welcome, good and bad. You cannot hurt my feelings, cuz it is what I wanted and not like anybody elses.
View attachment 21286View attachment 21287View attachment 21284View attachment 21285View attachment 21288

Hi
This is my new Trike.
2005 Scorpion from Arizona Trikes.
Stock 1600 rebuilt VW duel port engine.
with 4 speed manual trans.

Attachments

• New Trike 011.jpg
    New Trike 011.jpg
    892.8 KB · Views: 181
  • NewTrike007.jpg
    NewTrike007.jpg
    907.7 KB · Views: 176
It took eight months to get this far, and still a ways to go. Dress up the 1600 engine, chrome the front and forks and Chang out the headlamp. It rides really smooth and very quick.

Madgwa3 custom stires streak trike woooooooo!!!!!!!!

1984 stires trike built from 1965 vw bug. 1200 cc little more than 40 horsepower

Attachments

• IMAG0188.jpg
    IMAG0188.jpg
    798.3 KB · Views: 184
Rat's Hole Show 1972.jpg

My first trike (center one) built in 1969 to 1971. Silver, Blue and Tangerine metalflake. This photo is at the Rat's Hole bike show on the boardwalk at the beach in Daytona Beach during Bike Week in 1980. Rode it down from Tennessee for a great week of custom built motorcycles. That night we had a live concert in the same spot right on the beach with John Kay and Steppenwolf. Better than Woodstock!

My project

Bought a Wildman Trike frame off ebay 2 year ago and I am finally able to get it started. Sorry in advance but I am going to be asking some noob questions.

tZpKP34.jpg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png