Post Your VW Trike Pics

Re: Post Your VW Trike Pictures HERE

For your amusement From OZTRALIA, Wideglide wildcat 2011 new release and the convertable perfect for the outback or desert use where temps hit 65 celcius here

I absolutely don't want to set myself to be flamed here, but in reference to the tow bracket in the utube video (and the many similar deisngs that mount solidly in a receiver), while it will work great for a two-wheeler (because the bike frame is able to lean as corners are taken), the tow bracket needs to have a horizontal pivot built into it to tow a trike. If the front forks are tied and held upright it will put serious stress on the trike neck, and the more rake the more the stress. It may not break anything on the first few uses (depending on turns), but a few tight figure eights with the tow vehicle and something's going to be damaged on a trike.

Same design with a horizontal pivot in the front area (where a hitch ball would normally be) will work fine. Like I say, not my intent be flamed or start a controvery, but when a trike turns a corner, something's got to lean and when driving a trike that's the front forks - if they are locked vertically something's going to break [sooner or later]. Turn your trike steering to full lock in either direction and look at how the front forks lean - and then imagine forcing that front end vertical with straps while keeping it turned.

I know this is often not an evident parameter to many trikers, but I've designed and built them for forty plus years and have faced many of the geometric issues and horrors of trike engineering (learned about 'trail' back when we didn't even know what the term for it was).

Warm regards and happy triking!

Post Your VW Trike Pictures HERE

Hi

This is what I am building mid engine no cooling tin - 345 wide tyres 15 x 12 wheels.

Building everything myself including frame.

Have parted engine from gearbox by 6" so that the wheels could be made very narrow. Each axle is only 6" long. Building extended bell housing to house clutch mechanism and slave cylinder which will all be hidden in side the new bell housing. Starter motor will be moved to the underside.

I am using CBR 900 carbs split in two.

Another picture for you:

p.s. Front end is Harley fat boy. Will be replacing front wheel with an 80 spoke skinny 21" wheel. This should exaggerate the wide rear wheels nicely.

Final trike will be full chrome and gloss black.

Trike12024.jpg
My VW trike that I have taken way too long to finish.Hope to get back on it as soon as I finish mty Sporty.
Trike12025.jpg

Here is a close up of the rear wheel / brake and shock. Still designing and building so just held in place for now.

You will see how short the axle is.

One thing I have noticed is that I have used an after market Harley shock but I am surprised how stiff it is. I cannot move it. I am hoping that I can once it is installed and I adjust it.

Designed and fabricated handle bars last weekend. Long and fat. Still need to insert inch bar at ends to take grips. Once complete will be fully chromed.

I'm new to this forum. I bought my 1st trike a few weeks ago (1971 VW). It needs a little carb work but it is licensed and does run.

[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]View attachment 3657new brake pedals.old ones were ,,,blah.new ones quick look.lousy at engraving.turned out pretty good though.also got my fenders repainted and on.the last one is how it looks currently:D,,,dont mean to brag[yes i do ]but,,,,

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png