Post Your VW Trike Pics

Re: Post Your VW Trike Pictures HERE

here are the pics, 'low rider' in the works

That's gonna be my kind of trike, redneckray. Love girders - as you can see...
Finished!%208.jpg

the guy that made the frame, is he still in bussiness

Dave Watt, Cyclestyle in New Zealand. He is no longer in business. Mine is a Cyclestyle Digger frame - I cut the neck and raked it to 55 degrees. Nova Trikes used a knock-off of the Cyclestyle frame, but they are no longer in business either, sadly.

Dave Watt built 'the Alchemist' - the most awesome VW trike on the planet - that I saw a photo of years ago on the web and absolutely loved. No references of any kind, just a photo. Couple years later I saw it up for sale, called Dave, agreed on a price, and then investigated the process of shipping to the US, importing, registering, etc. and discovered it was next to impossible. So I built my own. Here's mine and Dave's side by side (top and left are Dave's, bottom and right are my version).

The%20Alchemist%20and%20My%20Trike%20Side%20View.jpg

The%20Alchemist%20and%20My%20Trike%20Front%20View.jpg

here's what I think a nice trike is all about, I might be a little bit predijust.
itas a 2007 rewaco fx5, 3 seat, 1915 fuelinjected vw, done in purple metalflake, plus lots of electronics, J&M cb-intercom, xm radio, and garmin zumo 550 so I can get lost easier.

I like the Rewaco. They make one with a Harley TC88bB engine too - the FX6
hs6_galerie_pic01.jpg

- used to be the HS6. I had considered buying one of their adapters that mounts the Harley engine to a VW transaxle for my last sandrail, but the combined cost of the adapter and a new TC88b engine was just too much.

I like the Rewaco. They make one with a Harley TC88bB engine too - the FX6
hs6_galerie_pic01.jpg

- used to be the HS6. I had considered buying one of their adapters that mounts the Harley engine to a VW transaxle for my last sandrail, but the combined cost of the adapter and a new TC88b engine was just too much.

What a good place to try one of those new S & S "X" wedge motors.

2005 Nova Cruiser - low and comfortable:

loner-albums-loner-s-trikes-picture4151-043.jpg

Second trike - Nova fairings, shift system, controls, etc., CycleStyle frame:

loner-albums-loner-s-trikes-picture4087-007.jpg

Really sad to see Nova go out of business. I dealt with them a LOT when I was building my last VW trike. I actually purchased my Cyclestyle Digger frame from them - the only one they had left. They originally purchased all their frames from Cyclestyle, but started experiencing delivery problems, so began manufacturing their own. They built a nice trike and were great people. Always had answers to questions, and parts were delivered promptly and accurately.

The frame came with the paperwork to register, and insurance companies knew what Nova was, so greatly simplified titling and insuring. At the time I bought the frame they also had polished stainless Cyclestyle a-arms which I really preferred over Nova's chromed steel ones. They also had a Cyclestyle polished stainless lower 'luggage rack' - which worked great after I bent the back up 90 deg to make room for my battery.

Trikes4ever, Bob,

Jerry and I linked up early on - he was buying frames and parts from Nova to get started and in return for extra good pricing was going to produce some options that could be marketed with and as Nova products. He and his partner built a few of the trikes and developed several fiberglass components including the rear cover that I had expressed an interest in and he wanted as well. So actually the one (or two?) that he built and the one prototype at Nova were the same mold. The silver one that Nova built was purchased by almost the first walk-in customer who saw it, and as I recall it went only about 75 miles north of here to Shelbyville, TN. on the day it was completed (I didn't even get a test ride). The 9/11 disasters just happen to significantly affect Jerry's mainstream (other than trikes) business operations and he had to give that his full attention for a while so the trike work sort of slowed or stopped. I've been remiss in keeping in touch with Jerry (I think I'll call him in the next couple days) so I don't know if he's still doing any trike endeavors. He offered me the molds a year or so back, but I wasn't sure if I would ever need them.

His website is still up, although obviously months or years since updated - I don't know if he still has anything going on. Yea, maybe I need to get in touch :jerry: and give him a shot of enthusiasm again since I've retired from my other business pursuits and might want the molds after all to get me or him or us going again, who knows.

Of interest to you, Bob, is that the few frames he started with were mostly, if not all, Digger style (with Nova modifications - shifter system, pan, controls mounts, shock mounts, etc.). You can still look at his trikes at DragonTrikes.com.
Regards from Alabama
Loner

Hi just signed-in...
First one is VW Fecht 1 I use to ride last century (literary). The rest is project I am planning to finish before spring. Wil keep you updated on progress.

My home built trike.
Its a copy of Phoenix trike works.

Here is the newest pictures of my project. Still need to plumb and wire it, as well as figure out a front brake [Illinois law-dumb!] Oh well, still in the build stage. Havin' fun. And, last but not least, my camera shy welder/painter/pinstriper, the infamous Garld 'Toby' Jones.

Never get tired of looking at different trikes and the VWs are some of the coolest! Put your pictures up please.

The Trike that I take is made based on Type-1 in 1973 now.
The engine is put, substituted in April, 2010, and it is good now.

Well i suppose i better post something instead of just lurking! Some nice VW's in here ThumbUp

Are work in progress pics any good ignore welding its rough and to be re done lol

The frame i Purchased
HPIM2166.jpg

Getting on with the build seat bases not finished yet
HPIM2559.jpg

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png