Texas Members Roll Call!

Well this is the first time I have ever been on this thread....read about it, but never scrolled down to the bottom to find it! Big Juice (better known as OJ) from here in downtown Central Texas (sometimes called Austin, sometimes called Weird, sometimes called other things). Enjoyed our trip to the Kerrville Gathering the first of November and we look forward to attending the Spring version in April 2015, and then again the Fall version in November 2015. We like the folks on this forum and look forward to each time we get to ride together with your guys and gals.

Happy New Year to you guys and gals, stay healthy, ride safe and ride often!

What is the spring gathering in April? We are always interested in getting together with other riders.

Sunman

Hey, 'Zook, Welcome to Texas. I have been too busy at work to be on here much lately. I met your lovely family at Jiffy Lube in the Woodlands last month and Marge just about talked me into making the trip to Eureka Springs this year. We live in Humble and I work in The Woodlands.
Best wishes:
Ronnie Vance

What's the deal with your weather? Getting ready to leave MI and looking at the reports its all rain?
March seven at cranky's is good provided it stops raining.. see you there.

Our Trike Time Texas group will have a few trikes there for lunch also, so anyone else who might want to join us at Cranky Frank's BBQ in Fredericksburg.......come-on-down!!

Hope you made it to Texas OK! Well it looks like it won't be raining, but it might be a little chilly (high of 50')......so layer up and we will see you Saturday! If you have any changes, please let me know. We have maybe 6 or so trikes that may show, depending on if they want to ride in the 40' weather (that's cold to us who live in Central Texas....).

Anyone from Texas interested in Bluebonnets?
Spotted some bluebonnets starting to bloom in the old Indianola town site on highway 316 yesterday. Should be in full bloom in a few weeks. Lots of Indian paint brushes also.

Speedy:clapping:

That area around Brenham is a mother-load of bluebonnets every year. Our trike group has a trip planned to Giddings, TX, for lunch at the Lost Pines BBQ on March 28th, and hope to see some bluebonnets along the way (anyone who wants to meet us for BBQ, come-on-down!). We do have our share of wild flowers around here in Central Texas, always calls for a ride to the Willow City Loop, and I have seen several large areas of bluebonnets along Tollway 130 southeast of Austin (of course you have to slow down from the 85mph speed limit to really enjoy them)!

Txlander from the Belton area. I have a 2010 GW w/MT conversion. I grew up in Houston, but I've been gone from there for over 40 years. I haven't been on a trike for long because of my passion for 2 wheels. I am making a serious effort to adjust to the change since it won't be long before it will be a necessity.

I am hoping to make the gathering this April in Kerrville to meet some friendly trike folks. With that on the horizon, my wife and I will be taking our annual trek to Kerrville on the 2 wheeler next week to get a pre-emptive view of the bluebonnet potential. I can only hope that this nasty weather will clear some by then. (I still think it is better to live in the South where the riding opportunities are better.)

My little bride & I have been around for a while on our 2002 1800 with 2007 motor trike kit. Made one reunion in Ark.in 2013 however we are looking forward to the meet & greet at Kerrville in April. Also will be going to Ark. again this year in June. :) Hope to see y'all there.

Made it back from a rainy week in Kerrville. Did get three days of good riding in, although not without getting wet on occasion. The bluebonnets are not yet ready in that locale, but I suspect that by the time the reunion comes around, they will be in full bloom.

While there, I reserved my room at the Super 8. I'm looking forward to making new friends and having good fellowship.

The bluebonnets haven't even started to show signs of growth up here. But we did finally get some much needed rain. We still need 100x that though.

The bluebonnets haven't even started to show signs of growth up here. But we did finally get some much needed rain. We still need 100x that though.
There was a bunch south of San Antonio along I-37 last week and I hear there is a pretty good crop around Houston. I think they are working their way up to you. It's hard to complain about being rained on in the state of Texas.

There was a bunch south of San Antonio along I-37 last week and I hear there is a pretty good crop around Houston. I think they are working their way up to you. It's hard to complain about being rained on in the state of Texas.

That's a fact. We actually got 2.5 inches all total for the week. I think that's more than we got for all of last year.:pepper:

Solidbob & Pockets here.....

Well welcome to Texas for all you transplants & Winter Texans.....

We reside about 40 miles south of Ft. Worth out in the woods and have been here for 35 years and been married for 42 now...

Have been riding since we were both in our teens... no license needed at the time.... and .35 cent gas.... last year we passed the 1.5 Million mile mark..

and have slowed way down on our long rides... but we still do them. We ride a 2003 Stream Silver GL1800 with a 2012 Roadsmith HT1800 Trike kit that

has the bells and whistles we need for traveling. At times we also pull our Harbor Freight Customized cargo trailer.. Made the Kerrville Reunion last year

and we'll be at Eureka Springs in June... Hope to see some New Faces....

Attachments

• IMG_1521.jpg
    IMG_1521.jpg
    354.1 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_1524.jpg
    IMG_1524.jpg
    353.1 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_0796.JPG
    IMG_0796.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_0798.JPG
    IMG_0798.JPG
    147 KB · Views: 133
  • BTP15_zps29d553c5.jpg
    BTP15_zps29d553c5.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 123
I just realized I never signed in here.:blush::blush::blush: I just popped in with a post reply and left again. :pepper:

Well I'm back to Texas for the second time. Left in 71 and finally made it back in 91. Gone way too long. Was in Sherman before and now in Bowie.

And for the folks in California where I spent those 20 years.....you can keep that state.:kpzxvq: Actually the state is okay.:clapping: It's the politics and traffic that sucks.:cool:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png