balance beads

I used the Dynabeads in my ST1300 and love them. Used on Wing before triking.

Now that Wing is trike I use the Centramatic balancers mounted to the front wheel because I have to change front tire every 11-13k miles because we wear them off so fast here in northern Arkansas. I use the standard wheel weight method on the rears and use 3 oz. of beads to assist. Beads alone do not work correctly according to mfg. because of aspect ratio of tires.

I use beads in the front tires of everything I own cars and bikes.
Except for the current 2010 Trike.
Since Im owner #2. I have no clue what the PO used as there are no wheel weights at all.
So odds are its beads.
If its Ride-On?? Im just as happy. As I use that in the rear tires of a bike or trike.

I have Dyna-Beads in my 06 GL with a Roadsmith in all three wheels. I had them in my 03 Venture. I road both motorcycles from coast to coast and didn't have a wobble or vibration in either motorcycle. I will never have another motorcycle tire mounted without putting Dyna-Beads in the tires.

have them in my trike and they work. I just want to share that when you check your air pressure be sure your valve stem is on the up side. I had a bead catch in my valve stem and let all of the air out . lucky I was at home in the garage.

have them in my trike and they work. I just want to share that when you check your air pressure be sure your valve stem is on the up side. I had a bead catch in my valve stem and let all of the air out . lucky I was at home in the garage.

Ooohh, nice hint. Hadn't really thought about that. Thanks!

They seem to have a lot of support of folks using them with good results. That said MCN (motorcycle consumer news) which is, if you are not familiar with them, in my opinion the best motorcycle mag. out there. They accept no advertising so they are beholding to no one to make their product sound good. They report mixed results and don't really recommend them.....I have no experience with them but wonder why NASCAR doesn't use them.

I've used Dyna Beads in all 3 trikes I've owned - 2 oz in front tire and 3 oz in the rear tires.

Front tire life seems acceptable for condition of roads I ride and rear tires look like they'll last longer than me. I've never had to replace a rear tire due to wear - and I ride 12,000 to 14,000 miles a year.

At highway speeds, I can take both hands off the grips to shake them out and never feel vibration or drift other than that caused by road crowns.

They seem to have a lot of support of folks using them with good results. That said MCN (motorcycle consumer news) which is, if you are not familiar with them, in my opinion the best motorcycle mag. out there. They accept no advertising so they are beholding to no one to make their product sound good. They report mixed results and don't really recommend them.....I have no experience with them but wonder why NASCAR doesn't use them.

If you had to make up 12 sets of 4 tires for 46 teams or more each week end you'd stick to lead and tape too.
Besides if they are at a high speed track and the tire has an inner liner would make it even more difficult to use beads. That's a tire within a tire if you weren't aware.
Then what happens when a tire blows up??
You want thousands of tiny glass beads all over the track??
I know I wouldn't.

I take a contrary view. I absolutely hate the idea of leaks and flats and I'm far too old to repair either, especially while traversing the New Mexico desert (hope to get back there). So I did some research and discovered "Ride-On". This substance is alleged to both seal the tire and balance it. I read everything I could find on the subject with nary a negative so I placed the order and installed (injected) it in each of my three tires according to the directions and went for a ride. A long ride - thirteen states. No flats, no leaks, and NO vibrations (yes, even with my hands hovering in the air above the grips!) Result: for me, the best of both worlds, excellent balance and no flats.
:pepper::pepper:

I just give it a shot of air to clear valve stem,then check pressure.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheeza
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png